•Chapter 4•

I continue to look at her.

"Kiara" I hear Jake say. "That's enough"

  But I ignore him and continue to look at ronal not daring to show her weakness. Ronal looks at her husband breaking the eye contact. As she looks at her husband, he looks at her nodding to her as if saying 'go on'. Ronal looks at me and says

"Who are you." She says in a nicer tone but still sternly.

I look at Jake who nods at me, I then look at Tonowari who looks at me as if he wants to know too. I sigh, taking a deep breath before turning back to Ronal and saying,

"I'm Kiara, I.... I lost my memory and the sullys found me and welcomed me into their family."

Ronal looks at me shocked that I actually just told her all of that. Ronal nodded to me and went to walk back to her husband when I stopped her.

"Please" I began causing her to look at me confused.

"Please let us stay. I know, trust me I know we aren't reef people but we can learn I promise, we can adapt. You say our skills are useless here, well then teach us, make us you useful and teach us so we can help, just please help my family." I beg.

Ronal looks at me closely and walks back to her husband. They look at each other almost as if they're talking without actually talking, it's..... it's beautiful. I've never seen such a powerful connection. Once they are down, Tonowari turned to the crowd.

"Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us." He says.

I let him relief. I looked back at Tonowari as he continues.

"Treat them as our brothers and sisters. Now they do not know the sea. So they will be like babies, taking their first breaths, teach them our way, so they do not suffer the shame of being useless." He says,

I look at him, annoyed, wishing he had worded that differently but I guess it's better than nothing. I give Jake a look he looks at me and chuckles lightly. He then looks at Tuk saying,

" OK what do we say?" he asked her.

"Thank you." Tuk says kindly looking up at them.

Then the rest of us start to thank them. I look at ronal bowing my head lightly in respect.

"Thank you." I say to her smiling at her. She nods to me smiling at me softly.

"My son, Aonung, our daughter, Taireya, will teach your children our ways. And I will teach you and your wife Jake sully" Tonowari says.

I look at him confused, what about me. Anoung looks at his father upset saying.

"Father why do-" Tonowari cuts him off.

"It is decided"

sweet Taireya comes up to us

"Come. I will show you our village." She says. As the others follows her I took at Tonowari and Ronal

"What about me" I ask. Tonowari looks at me.

"Oh l am sorry Kiara. I will teach-" before he can finish Ronal cuts him off.

"It's alright my love" she says to her husband  and then turns to me "I will teach you" I look at her confused

"What" she asked "if you're going to learn me as well be from the best." She tells me. I smile at her

"thank you. I am honored" I tell her before walking away to catch up with the others.

By the time I finally find the hut I hear Jake finishing up a family meeting.

"Sullys stick together." I hear them say together.

"Sullys stick together." I whisper to myself to make myself feel apart of the family, as much as I say I am apart of the family I never actually feel like it just a family friend.

I walk away from the hut. I look at my hands and play with my braid and just walk not paying attention to where I'm going. Since I wasn't I bumped into a very hard chest knocking me off the bridge like thing I was walking on and into the water and as I fall in, I very quickly learned. I. Can't. Swim. As I panicked and slash, I see someone dive into the water. They grab me by my waist pulling me out of the water. I cough up water and try to catch my breath. Once I do I continue to looks down, not wanting to look at whoever saved me feeling embarrassed that they just did.

"Are you alright Kiara." I quickly looked up recognizing their voice, it was Tonowari.

"Um.. yes..I....i am" I studded "It's just I can't swim" I say looking back at him to see his shocked face.

"You can't swim?" He asks. Oh eywa he must think I'm more useless then ever.

"Well that just won't do" he says. I look up at him confused. "From now on every morning before I have to go teach Jake Sully and his wife you will have a swimming lesson with me starting tomorrow." He says. I looked at him even more confused asking.

" why not just have Ronal teach me." He looks at me

" no reason Ronal should have you all to herself" he answers. I smiled looking down.

"So tomorrow" I asked looking back up at him.

"See you then Kiara" he says and walks away.