20

MARI

Who am I to forbid the boy to waste a few millions if he wants to? Early in the morning we're heading to the capital. After a brief discussion what amount of money we can spend on our delight Kir hands me the reins of power and tells me to choose what I like. Proceeding that our budget is low enough we're deciding to take a look at few old and used but robust models. And we manage to save a little, paying only forty millions of the planned hundred for the yacht itself, add there some for the service for one year-ahead and we're still fine. Besides we hire a captain on the spot: Kir won't be able to run it obviously, and my skills don't extend that far.

'The sea line' we chose is quite comfortable even if it's old. It's fifty feet long, has three cabins and spacious enough. Exactly what we need for the small trips. Not as good as the one my father owns, but it's still lovely. And it seems that Kiram doesn't care what to buy. After signing all the papers he gives it to me with a sly squint.

- What? - I snap back.

- I just happen to like the way you spend my money, - he says with a smile.

- It was your idea, remember? - I remind.

- Oh, no, sun, the idea is yours actually. And I couldn't disobey my mistress' wish as slave of the lamp, - his words are ornate and pretentious, but the boy laughs.

- Moron, - I clap his shoulder.

- As it is, - answers Kir, he loves his word to be the last one.

He makes arranges for 'swallow' to be ferried to our town pier by Saturday, and we're getting back home. We exchange few taunts during the ride and it feels like we reached understanding at least.

I receive congrats with my new property from all the girls I know, not from Dina only, during the week. And a ton of not so subtle hints that it would be awesome to sail it as well. Kir only snickers at it. In the end he calls all the guys for a small boat trip on Saturday evening. But there's one question I'm concerned with:

- Kir, I'll have to wear niqab there either?

- No, why? - He wonders.

- The captain? - I explain the reason of my confusion.

- Don't stress about it, - he says confidently. - There's a certain clause in the standard employment contract that he undertakes not to enter the private rooms except for the cases of life-threatening danger.

- I see, - I nod a bit relieved and specify one more not so insignificant nuance. - Will we be swimming at the party? Should I take that marvelous wetsuit with me?

Kir who apparently never thought of that kind of minor things just nods. Then he adds conciliatory:

- You can swim without a suit when we're alone at the yacht, - he leaves to his bedroom satisfied with his joke which is not a joke really.

On Saturday we're getting to the pier straight after Kir's shift. Guys are loading our small boat with boxes of drinks and snacks, and I'm walking down the berth with the girls.

- This yacht is not that new, - Amina is a bit squeamish for sure.

- But it's better than yours, - Miriam stands up for me all of a sudden. I throw a grateful look at her, because my answer would be tougher, and arguing in the very beginning of the trip is sort of a bad idea.

- I don't have a yacht, - Rashid's girl snarls, and I'm rolling my eyes.

- That's the point, - Miriam winks at me cheerfully. Seems like I'm starting to understand why their relationship with Dina is so awesome.