I try my best to stay focused but the thought of River being around here somewhere is driving me insane. "I hate this." Matthias practically throws himself into the chair next to me.

Matthias slumps in the chair. He looked miserable. I could understand why. Both of us hate talking to people.

The only difference between him and me is that I am better at it when it comes to talking to people. Matthias, on the other hand, can't. "I want to go home."

You and I both.

***

It was a long day at the raceway due to it being a weekend and all. I was tired, to say the least. Talking to all of the customers can really take a lot out of me.

I dropped the wet towel into the dirty hamper once my hair was a bit dry. I threw on a white tank top and some shorts.

I scroll through my phone, looking through people's stories. And, of course, Noah was at a party.

He was with all of his friends but I couldn't help but notice that River wasn't there. Or he wasn't in the video at all.

One thing about Riv is that he doesn't care for parties, let alone people but he still goes for Noah.

I'm 99.9% sure the only person River considers a friend is Noah. I continue clicking through stories until I land on June's.

Even though it's been like two weeks of not talking to her, that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. I miss her. She was my best friend. June was at the same party as Noah.

Swiping out of Instagram and clicking June's contact. I began typing out a message but stopped when I heard a tap on my window.

I quickly deleted what I was typing and shut my phone off. My eyes widen slightly when I see River.

I rushed over to my window and lift it open, letting him in. "Are you going to make this a thing?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

River smirks and drops his bag to the floor. "Maybe." He said it with a grin. Chills run up my spine the closer he gets.

"Why are you here?" I questioned, leaning onto my desk. I watch as his eyes roam my body, not staying on a spot for too long.

The way he was looking at me made me feel as though I barely had clothes on. It felt like I was naked under his stare, like he could see right through me.

River nudged his bag with his foot. "Biology lesson." Oh biology. I blink at him a few times. He steps closer, making me press myself into my desk even more than I already was.

God, the way he makes my heart race just from the way he is looking at me is insane. Or maybe I was just reading into it.

No, I am definitely not reading into it.

"You're so flushed, Ella." He said it softly as his fingertips brushed over my collarbone, making me shudder under his touch.

A devilish smirk is on his lips as he leans closer. "See, green, I do make you nervous." I sucked in a breath when his lips brushed my ear. "Biology." is the only thing I can mutter out.