✩ | juliette

✩ | CHAPTER 6

" I defy you, stars. "

☄. *. ⋆ 8TH OF APRIL 2009. ☄. *. ⋆

I was barely able to hold my head straight from how tired I was.

Sitting in the class of Korean literature wasn't how I planned my Wednesday morning to go by, but I didn't have a choice.

" Make sure to write an essay once you've done reading the novel. "

The voice of our literature professor, Mr. Kang, took me out of my sleepy trance as I glanced at Myeong who was writing something down in her notebook.

" What essay? " - I whispered.

" You have to read the tragedy then write the review essay on it. "

" What tragedy? " - I sleepily said.

" Romeo and Juliet. "

Ah, of course it's that one.

We started working on Shakespeare's books in the middle of March and we already finished with "Hamlet".

Do I really need to read Romeo and Juliet now?

Can't I just watch the movie?

After the end of class, I couldn't wait to be back home.

My stomach ached for the taste of mother's cooking and my eyes were screaming for sleep.

I walked slowly downstairs towards the exit of the school as Myeong rushed up to me.

" Chae! Chae! " - she called out, handing me a pink envelope decorated with blue sparkling hearts.

I looked up from the envelope to her. " Who's the envelope for? "

" It's for Jonghyun. " - she spoke, making my jaw reflexively clench at the name.

I fought the urge not to roll my eyes as I sighed.

" Can you give it to your brother so he can pass it to Jonghyun? " - she asked with desperation in her voice.

" Uhm... But I haven't seen Minho in awhile. "

" Please Chae... It's his birthday today. "