13

I sat on Stiles Bed, doing some homework. You want me to do what asked Danny. Trace a text said stiles. I came here to do lab work. That's what lab partners do said Danny. And we will! Once you trace the text said Stiles. And what makes you think I know how asked Danny. I look up from my work. I looked up your arrest report, and so said Stiles. I was thirteen. They dropped the charges, said Danny. "Also, Stiles, I'm pretty sure they're against the law." Shut up, maddie. Hay maddie said Danny. "Hi Danny." Let's talk more tracing said Stiles. No, we're doing lab work said Danny. Danny grabs a stool from beside Stiles' table and moves it beside Stiles, sitting down and looking at the computer screen. Danny looks at Derek, gesturing subtly with his thumb. Who's he again asked Danny. He is maddie college boyfriend I think his name is Miguel said Stiles. Derek slowly glances up to glare daggers at Stiles through his eyelashes. He looks back down at his book. Is that blood on his shirt asked Danny. I look up from my homework. He does have blood on his shirt. "Yeah, he gets nose bleeds a lot." Hey, Miguel, I thought I told you you could borrow one of my shirts said Stiles. Derek closes the book in one swift motion, never taking his glare off Stiles. With another motion, he sends it onto the bed as he stands up jerkily and walks over to the dresser, pulling his shirt off his head aggressively. He tosses it onto the ground. I was stealing glances with him. Danny was also looking.

So, anyway, I mean, we both know you have the skills to trace that text, so we should probably say stiles. Uh, Stiles asked Derek. Yes, Stiles said innocently. Derek tugs at the shirt in his hands irritably. This no fit, Derek said. "Then try another one on." He looked at me, and I smirked. He tried on another shirt. Hey, that one looks pretty good, huh? What do you think Danny Stiles asked. I look at him. Huh asked Danny. The shirt asked Stiles. It's it's not really his color said Danny. Derek scowls before he pulls the shirt over his head again. Stiles and Danny both look back at the computer screen. I'm just enjoying the show. You swing for a different team, but you still play ball, don't you, Danny-boy asked Stiles. My mouth fell open. I can't believe he just said that. You're a horrible person said Danny. I know. It keeps me awake at night. Anyway, about that text said stiles. Stiles! None of these fit, he said. "Here, come with me I get you a shirt that fits." We go into my room. Wow, maddie, your room has not changed he said. "Just get in the room so we can change your shirt." We, you want to take my shirt off for me said Derek. "Shut up and put this on." He puts the black shirt over his head. Is this my shirt he asked. "Maybe I don't know."

He looked around my room to see a picture of me and him at his basketball game. I had a cheer outfit on with a bow in my hair. While he had on his basketball Jersey on. The picture was taken by Laura. Everything was so much easier back then said Derek. "Yeah, it was." Why can't it be thag way again asked Derek. "Well, we are two different people now. I'm a vampire. You're a werewolf. We both have changed Derek. I don't think those kids in that picture existed anymore." Well, I can speak for myself. I may not be that boy anymore, but I still have feelings for that girl, Derek said. "You broke my heart, remember. Even if I still had feelings for you. I won't act on them because you broke my heart and left." Maddie, I had no choice after the fire. I couldn't be in Beacon Hills without crying myself to sleep. Plus, Laura said it was the best way to make sure you didn't get hurt said Derek. Hay you two he trace the text said Stiles.

We walk into the room. The text was sent from a computer. This one said Danny. We looked at the computer. My eyes widened. Registered to that account name asked Derek. Danny nodded. "There no way." The computer said that Melissa McCall sent the text.

We drove to the hospital. I sat in the back. We called Scott. Did you get the picture asked Scott. Yeah, I did, and it looks just like the drawing said stiles. Linsey sent us the picture of the necklace. Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something an inscription, an opening, something asked, Derek. No, no, the thing's flat. And, no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing. And where are you? You're supposed to be here. Your first line said Scott. Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start said Scott. I know. Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him... tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay? All right, thanks said Stiles. We Huog up.

You're not gonna make it said Derek. I know said Stiles. And you didn't tell him about his mom, either said Derek. "Not 'til we find out the truth." By the way? One more thing said, Derek. Yeah, said stiles. Derek made Stiles head butt steering wheel. Oh, God! What the hell was said, stiles. You know that was for said Derek. "You kinda deserve it." Stiles and I walked inside the hospital.

Yeah, I said I can't find her stiles said on the phone. Look, ask for Jennifer. She's been looking after my uncle said Derek. We walked to Peter room. Yeah, well, he's not here, either said stiles. "Shit." He's not here. He's gone, "Derek said stiles. "Stiles, we need to leave now." Why, he said. It's him! He's the Alpha! Get out yelled Derek over the phone. I felt some grab my neck, and it snapped.

When I woke up. I heard fighting. "Stiles, get out of here now." I ran to where the fighting is." My eyes trun red, and the veins under my eyes grow. I used my vampire strength to punch Peter. Oh, maddie, look at you all grown up he said. I stand by Derek. We were ready to fight. Do you think I killed Laura on purpose? One of my own family? My mind, my personality, was literally burned out of me. I was driven by pure instinct said Peter. You want forgiveness asked Derek. "Because you're not getting any." I ran and kicked him, and Derek and I started to fight Peter. Derek was thrown across the floor. Peter grabbed me and put his teeth closed to my neck. I want understanding. Do you have any idea what it was like for me during those years? Slowly healing, cell by cell. Even more slowly coming back to consciousness. Yes, becoming an Alpha, taking that from Laura pushed me over a plateau in the healing process. I can't help that. I tried to tell you what was happening. I tried to warn you said Peter. I try to get out of his hold. Madeline, you visited me for years even when Derek and Laura were here. I never wanted to bit you, but you get in my way said Peter. He looked over at Derek, who looked like he was about to kill him. Derek, you have to give me a chance to explain. After all, we're family said Peter. Fine just let her go said Derek. "She the enemy Derek she a vampire." Peter, I give you a chance if you let her go said Derek. Fine said Peter and snapped my neck.

Later, I woke up with stiles run up to me. That bitch snapped my neck. Maddie, are you okay he asked. "Yeah, I'm fine, are you." Yeah, where Derek he asked. "He left with Peter."