Chapter 13

Frank pov

The sun was setting and the sky looked absolutely beautiful.... The streaks of pink and orange were gorgeously dispersed across the usually dull blue sky. The world itself might be beautiful, but most of the people inhibiting it are not. I'm ugly on the outside, I know that. But most people are ugly on the inside.

It was in that moment I felt myself step up onto the ledge of a four story building. Where I am and how I got here was completely unknown to me but that didn't seem matter to me.

I licked my lips and they felt cool as the wind blew against them. I took a deep breath as I looked down below. Tiny figures of people walking on the sidewalk of the busy street below haven't noticed me yet and they probably won't till I've hit the very pavement they walk on.

People only pay attention to you if your dead or dying, until then, you're just another person in the waiting room. I'm tired of waiting. I looked down at my red converses but they are more likely to be brown considering all the mud accompanied by all of the holes in deferent locations on the shoe, but to top it all off the soles were ripping off at the heels. It doesn't matter now I suppose.

Let's face it, I'm stalling. I don't know why though, I'm equally as anxious as I was the first time I attempted, an attempt interrupted by a flawless individual named Gerard....

Gerard.

Gerard was one of the rare inhabitants of this world that aren't ugly on the inside or out. He's more beautiful then any sunset that has or ever will form in the sky. His hazel eyes that pierce your soul and soothing voice that can either turn you on beyond belief or sooth you till you're numb is what I wanted-no what I needed right now. He's not going to come. The odds of him saving me twice are poor, all the more reason to let go. There is no one to stop me this time-"Too beautiful." I jumped a little at the sound of the angelic voice I wanted to hear so badly but wanted to avoid as well. I turned my head slightly to see his figure standing behind me.

"It is a nice sunset," I agreed, avoiding talking about my current situation at hand, though that conversation was certain to come within the next few moments.
"I wasn't talking about the sunset..." He replied.

"No?" My voice cracked.

"You, Frankie." He said as gently as the wind. I smiled to myself as tears prickled my eyes. "You can't jump. You must prove to everyone that you're strong." He added, his words felt good because not only am I easily compelled, but Gerard is always right when it comes to me.

But was I really going to back out again? I just don't know what to do. I can't help but think that in a matter of time I would only end up right back here.

"Gerard I-I I'm sorry."

"Are you strong Frankie? I'm beginning to think you aren't." His tone changed from caring and compassionate to cold in a matter of seconds. "Are you as worthless as people think you are?"

"I-I don't know." My voice trembled as I thought.

"You are. You should just give up now. Go ahead, I'm not going to stop you this time."

"Gerard, d-do you mean that?" His words hurt so much.

I waited for him to speak but I was left with nothing. "I'm sorry. I want to jump." My voice cracked again as I began to cry. Once again there was no reply. I turned around to see I was now alone on the roof. I only cried harder because I felt relived and yet betrayed all at once. "He left me...." I sniffled out to no one before the pain became to much and I jumped off the edge.

It was a terrifying feeling but at the same time I never felt so free. For someone who's about to die I've never felt more alive.

"FRANKIE PLEASE!" My eyes tore open and I sat up abruptly only to to see two sets of curious and concerned Way brother eyes looking at me. The hazel set of orbs I adore so much along with equally as alluring brown eyes that no doubt belonged to an unfamiliar Mikey way.