Chapter 12

Gerard pov

I'm never letting Frank leave my side ever again. I watched him intently as he slept. I stroked his black hair away from his face and ran my fingers gently against his smooth cheeks. He looked so peaceful when he sleeps. I'm glad the events of today don't ruin his dreams.

I looked over at the clock hanging on the wall. It read 1:40am. I sighed before rubbing my eyes. I was tiered but I didn't want to sleep. Frank started mumbling incoherent noises in his sleep. I played with his hair till he calmed down a little. "Gerard..." He mumbled before stirring in his sleep. I smiled to myself amused that he sleep talks. I definitely wasn't going to sleep now.

At around 6:00am I slid my body out from underneath Frank and replaced my self with a couch pillow. He stirred around in his sleep but didn't wake up.
I went to the closest and got a blanket. I shuffled back over to the couch, unfolded the blanket then put it over Frank.

Once we was situated I grabbed my lighter and cigarette pack off the kitchen counter and went outside. I sat down on the porch steps and lit a much needed cigarette. Smoking is the only drug left in my life. That's how it should be.

The sky was a light grey with a little bit of orange where the sun will soon rise. The street was quite and the moon was still slightly visible in the sky. I heard the door open and I turned to see Mikey. "Hey." He said sluggishly. "What are you doing up? It's a Saturday morning." He asked.

"I could ask you the same." I mumbled.

"I heard the front door open." He sighed then leaned against the railing. "Hey Gerard?"
"Yeah?" I sighed then blew out some smoke.
"Why is Frank Iero in our family room?" He asked.
"He's gonna stay here for awhile longer." I clarified then held the cigarette in between my lips. Mikey nodded.
"I suppose you aren't going to tell me why." He groaned.
"It's frank's personal business Mikey, I can't." He nodded before sitting next to me on the steps.

"I used to see him at school all the time...." Mikey began. "I always feel bad, but yet, not enough to help him, like you did that one day." There was hints of guilt in his tone. He felt guilty for not helping Frank.

"Well at least you thought about it. Most people at our school would have laughed. Besides, I don't want my little brother to get tormented for being the good guy. You've been through that enough in my opinion." You hurt my bother and you will pay. That's always been my code. My new code is if you hurt my brother or my boyfriend you will pay. Damn, my boyfriend it felt nice to say that. Though, Frank and I haven't talked about labels I don't think he'll care much.

"Gerard, remember my first week of freshman year when some kid pushed me against a locker? Then you found out and broke his nose?" He was grinning to himself slightly. "Yes. I remember." I'm not one for violence, but the minute I saw the bruise Mikey had I was angry.

"Would you ever do that for Frank?" He stared at me waiting for my immediate answer.

"of course-"

"Why?" He cut in. "It's one thing when it's your brother, family, but there's multiple people who get bullied at our school but you help Frank. Why is he so special to you?" Mikey was pushing the truth about Frank and I out of me. It's almost like he already knew. "Well?!" He pushed.

"We're together and I think I love him!" I rushed out quickly. I spit out my cigarette into the dirt angrily then put it out all the way with my foot. I nervously ran my fingers through my hair. I turned around to see an amused Mikey. "Is that what you fucking wanted to hear?!" I hissed.

"Basically." He replied with a smirk. I rolled my eyes. "So you're bisexual?" He questioned.

"No." I muttered, not in the mood for this.

"You're completely gay?" He somewhat questioned.
"Yes. A flaming homosexual." I stated before walking up the steps and back into the house.

"Knew it." I heard him chuckle under his breath. He followed in behind me and silently walked back to his room. Not disturbing the sleeping Frank. "I'm sorry formhm..." Frank sighed in his sleep. His expression was no longer peaceful but pained. His eye brows were scrunched together and his lips were pursed. What the hell was he dreaming about? I'll ask in when he wakes up.