Chapter Twenty-Four

POV: Xandor Galadon

It was time.

With a flick of my hand I opened the chest and revealed black fabric. But it was just the fabric that covered what was underneath. Pulling it away I revealed the sheath of a sword. This wasn't one I had used in battle yet. While it could definitely be used for fighting, I couldn't bring myself to it.

It was forged centuries ago by one of the descendants of Baghira. He had been an eager young man who couldn't concentrate on anything. That was how he found his Passion in being a smith.

He had worked months on this sword, for it was extremely big but still lighter than one would expect. The blade was out of burned dragon tears, a rare metal which could no longer be found. It was shone with a light from the inside and with fine golden lines running through the entire blade. Runes and other magic storing symbol were carved into it as well and hummed in its sheath. The handle was wrapped in black leather, but the cross guard was made out of twisted steel and the pommel was formed into a roaring dragon. I lay it on the bed and pulled out a trouser.

She was a midnight black with silver and golden swirls at the bottom of the legs. The shoes I pulled out were black as well with metal ornaments. Next, I pulled out a tight long sleeved shirt with a leather vest attached to it. The leather was covered with metallic swirls, looking like weaves. I dressed myself in the dress uniform which was an amor at the same time. The next thing was something like a coat. It had wide shoulders which were covered with big golden plates which were carved into, so they looked like dragon scales. The whole sleeve was covered with them, they only got smaller until they stopped right in front of the bottom. The sleeves had a cut in them from the bottom to the shoulder, so my arms were visible. The coat was completely black except for the golden dragon scales at the sleeves and the ones starting on the back at the high collar and running down, thinning out. The cloak couldnt' be fastened in front of the body and was instead attached to the shoulders.

I swear, I would not fit through the doors anymore with these shoulders. The dragon scales made me look even more broader.

The vest was like a second skin and every possible muscle was on display since the coat only fell down the back and over the shoulders and arms. Kneeling down I reached inside and pulled out a cape. Was that a little too much? Maybe.

It was made from the same material as were Liam and Garrick's , but it was attached differently. Underneath the big dragon scales on my shoulders was a mechanism which held the cape in place. So that the scales running down the back of my cloak would still be visible, it hung low in the middle. While the cloak almost touched the floor, the cape brushed over it by a little.

I did a few kicks in the air to test the movability in these clothes and was surprised to find it very easy. Crouching down I pulled out another smaller box. That was what would show my status in this world. I had it made centuries ago when the king insisted on it, and another few gifts laid inside.

Opening it, I pulled out the first thing. It was a golden pendant the size of my palm which hung on a golden weaved chain. The pendant looked fragile and showed a dragon made out of silver with an amber eye, circling the royal symbol. A sign that showed the friendship and equal status of me and the king. Hanging it around my neck, it lay on my chest.

The next few things were expensive but simple rings and then a velvet box appeared at the bottom. My hands trembled slightly when I grabbed the box and opened in. Within laid a crown.