Chapter Eight

POV: Violet Sorrengail

The name sounded through the air, and I turned around, my eyes searching for him.

I hadn't seen him today, he wasnt at breakfast like everyone else. It seemed like the only thing all cadets had in common is that they kept their distance from Xandor. The name alone made me shiver.

It sounded similar to Xaden Riorsons name but had somehow the power to frighten me even more. Every cadet in our unit had stopped chattering and the ones from the other units who had heard his name stopped as well.

Professor Emetterio turned around and searched through the unit with his hard eyes and then his eyes stopped on me.

I suddenly felt cold, and I rubbed my arms, trying to warm myself. I noticed that Professor Emeterio's eyes were still on me but when I looked Closer I noticed that his eyes are focused on something behind me. His eyes were wide open and his mouth slightly agape.

I froze and slowly turn around. With an embarrassingly high shriek I jumped backwards and tumbled into Rhiannon who caught me thankfully.

There he was. Standing right behind me, not even three feet and towering over me by I don't know how many heads.

I clutched myself onto Rhiannon and slowly my racing heart began to slow down. When I had finally calmed down, I mustered him like everyone else in the now deathly quiet gym. He had exchanged his thick black coat from yesterday to a thinner one, but it didn't make seem less dangerous than when he crossed the parapet. It almost touched the floor and covered most of his clothes underneath. The hood obscured his face, and I couldn't make out anything. I had to tilt my head back a lot to see his unseeable face.

On his back he still carried his bow and arrow, but it seemed like he had left his spear-thing in the dormatory.

Unlike the other men who wore nothing on their upper bodies or the bare minimum, he didn't look concerned about all the fabric he wore. He was either very good or incredibly arrogant and confident. When my eyes traveled to his bow and arrow on his back, I noticed that they were both fully black. The bow alone looked like it was as tall as me and the handle so thick, that I wasn't sure if I could grab around it with both hands. And incredibly heavy. When focusing more on the weapons I could see that there were elegant silver swirls that wrapped around them. Dangerous yet elegant.

I unconsciously took a step back and glanced shortly at the professor who still stared at Xandor. He gulped and straightened his robes after clearing his throat.

"Y-You," he had to start again, his eyes nervously flickering over Xandor. "You will spar with Bodhi." A tall, muscular tan-skinned second-year stepped out and walked toward the mat. His face carried a confident expression which faltered slightly when he saw his partner. When he stepped on the mat, he had himself back under control and observed Xandor.

Xandor hadn't moved an inch and did the same. Then he slowly walked to the mat with a few massive, but inaudible, steps. As he walked past the professor, Emetterio cleared his throat and gestured to his weapons.

"No-No blades. We're just assessing." His voice trembled slightly, and he took a step back. Xandor nodded his head slightly and stepped onto the mat. "You might want to lose your c –" He was stopped by Xandor, who had turned his head slightly and the professor stared int the shadows of his hood. He didn't say a word, but his message was obvious. He was not going to take off his coat or his weapons.