Chapter 03

I finished all the packing. I was looking for the only photo I had of Fred, which was the one we took at the yule ball, when grandma barged into my room.

"Sam, you're late. What are you looking for?"

I blinked my eyes a few times and tried to keep my cool. Tears were already collected in my eyes.

"I-I umm um I couldn't find Fred's photo grandma."

Grandma's expression softened a bit.

"Sam, please I'm telling this for your own good. You have to move on. Now let's get you to your burrow."

I knew there was no point of arguing as I have lived with grandma practically my entire life. So, I quickly walked towards the fireplace and took a handful of floo powder. "BURROW" I uttered. The last thing I saw was grandma's eyes looking at me almost sadly.

* * *

I arrived at the burrow. I missed the Weasleys' so much, especially Ginevra. I stepped out of the fireplace and entered the living room. I was immediately welcomed by the arms of Ginevra as she pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Oh! Sam, I've missed you so much."

"I was quite happy without you by my side all the time, you always bring out my worst version.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Well, I've missed listening to you talking about how handsome your crush over here is"

I pointed to Harry and said as Ginevra blushed furiously. Harry chuckled as he came forward and gave me a side hug. Then a familiar voice echoed through the burrow as an angry, red-faced Hermione barged into the living room looking livid.

"SAMANTHA CONRAD! 22 LETTERS, I WROTE YOU 22 LETTERS. YOU COULDN'T REPLY TO A SINGLE ONE OF THEM. YOU HAVE SOME NERVE TO BARGE IN LIKE THAT OUT OF NOWHERE. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS?"

Harry quickly left the room as he knew this was a girls' problem. Ginny pulled both me and Hermione into her room and closed the door.

"Hermione, calm down. But she's right you didn't reply to any letter we sent you. What was wrong?"

I sat down on Ginevra's bed as I started to explain my little situation to Hermione and Ginevra.    

If you read the first 2 chapters, please tell me what you think about my writing.