Chapter 9 The News

Glinda and Elphie arrive at a restaurant right outside of Oz.

Glinda: Hi table for 2 please.

Hostess: Sure thing right this way.

Elphaba: Thank you

Hostess: You're welcome your server will be over soon.

Glinda: So Elphie how are you

Elphaba: I'm great since I am here with my best friend how about you.

Glinda: I am great since I know you're alive.

Elphaba: I know I'm so thankful that I am ok and that my spell actually worked.

Glinda: Me too.

Elphaba and Glinda ordered their food and continued on talking.

Glinda: So Elphie I see you learned how to do makeup and your hair.

Elphaba: Oh yeah I forgot to tell you about that. Let's just say when I had to run away from Oz I had a lot of time on my hands. So I thought why not learn.

Glinda: Well it looks great.

Elphaba: Aw thank you I'll have to show you my makeup routine sometime.

Glinda: Oh yes I'm definitely interesting.

Elphaba: Great I can't wait to show you. You know my routine is a bit different since you know I'm green. But it kinda made the process of me learning how to do makeup more interesting and fun.

Glinda: I also ment to ask your dress that you wore. Were did you get it.

Elphaba: Oh I actually made that dress.

Glinda: No way!

Elphaba: Yeah it was time consuming but that's all I had at that moment time. It was fun.

Glinda: Well your really talented Elphie I would have thought you had bought that dress.

Elphaba: Well I'm happy that you didn't notice that I made it, that just means that I did a good job.

Glinda: Yes you did.

Elphaba: Glinda I was wondering did you want to come back to were Fiyero and I are staying.

Glinda: Oh mu Oz Yes definitely.

Elphaba and Glinda get there food and start eating and continue to converse.

Elphaba: Hey Glinda on a more serious note I need to tell you something.

Glinda: Is everything ok Elphie.

Elphaba: Yeah everything is fine.

Glinda: Ok good. So what is it you want to tell me.

Elphaba: (looks around the restaurant to make sure the waiter isn't coming over yet and that no one is listening because she only wants Glinda to know what she is about to say at the moment) I'm pregnant.

Glinda: (drops her fork) what oh my god.

Elphaba cuts in

Elphaba: Please Glinda don't make this a scene I just want you to know.

Waiter: Everything come out ok over here?

Elphaba: Yes thank you.

Glinda: Thank you

The waiter walks away

Glinda: Elphie I'm so happy for you!

Elphaba: Thanks Glinda, and don't get me wrong I'm excited but also a little nervous, and you know me I don't normally get nervous for things.

Glinda: Oh Elphie. Give me your hands and listen to me everything is going to be ok. But if you don't mind my asking why are you nervous.

Elphaba: Many reasons. One I'm scared of the pain, the part of giving birth and lastly what if I'm not a good mother.

Glinda: Look at me Elphie I'm telling you right now that your going to be a wonderful mother! Also something tells me that your not going to be in any pain.

Elphaba: Thanks Glinda.

Glinda: Your welcome Elphie. Oh and Elphie here's an idea since your a witch why don't you get a book that tells you about how pregnancy goes for a witch you know since your a witch. An awesome witch must I add.

Elphaba: Thanks Glinda, and honestly that's not a bad idea. Would you mind if we stopped at the bookstore before we head back to Fiyero and I's place.

Glinda: Of course

Elphaba: Ok thanks Glinda. It's just when we leave I need to get my broom out of the bush. When we get out of the restaurant I'll just us why powers to make my broom come to my hand.

Glinda: Ok but I will not be letting you fly right now.

Elphaba: Why not.

Glinda: Because we are not risking anything while your with child till we find out from that book.

Elphaba: Ugh fine.