Chapter Nineteen

(A/N: So, to anyone who didn't see the post on my message board; I have a website now! Check it out for all kinds of info, sneak peeks, schedules, and all sorts of other stuff. The link is here: http://bridgetperron.wix.com/bridget-perron and also; I received some awesome fanart from my friend @Leo_Hauno of Colleen and David (check the external link), so, I'll be posting the first one on here (because I think I can only put one picture per chapter) and the others in future chapters! If anyone else wants to do fanart, don't be shy to send it to me; I love it so much! Thanks, guys, and I hope you enjoy the latest chapter. Sorry it took so long <3)

Chapter Nineteen

Colleen Terry

Flawless.

That was the only word I could think of to describe how everything felt at that very moment, though, of course, I couldn't think of many words.

My head was blank, swirling in what seemed to me like paradise, too many emotions causing me to be unable to think straight as all I felt was complete bliss, all thanks to that beautiful boy's perfect lips pressed against mine.

It seemed like heaven forever, until his lips parted from mine, and, while it felt like a great loss, the feeling of sadness disappeared as I opened my eyes and found myself staring into his glittering eyes.

He smiled at me, and, when I smiled back, he let out a small laugh, seemingly of relief.

"I was nervous that you weren't ready, but, I just... I couldn't help myself, and I-"

David was stumbling over his words in a giddy sort of way, but, he was cut off as my hand snaked up and to the back of his head, gently grabbing a fist full of his hair and pulling his face back towards mine, so that I could press my lips to his once more.

When I pulled away, I paused for a moment to admire his face, before I nuzzled my face in the crook of his neck, butterflies erupting even more in my stomach as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer against him.

For once in my life, it felt like everything was perfect.

~*~*~*~

My eyes fluttered open, and were greeted by the dark room that was David's.

Frowning, I couldn't remember how I had gotten into bed, but, that didn't seem that important of a question at the moment, as, what I was wondering was, what had woken me up.

Keeping silent, I listened carefully, and, soon I recognized the quiet, distant sounds of music playing, along with the voice of someone singing along.

Rolling over, I glanced through squinted eyes at the balcony doors, noticing that they were open just a crack, and David was outside, seeming to be dancing happily to the tune of what I now identified as 'Working Man' by Imagine Dragons.

Smiling softly to myself, I rolled back over and closed my eyes, falling asleep once more.

~*~*~*~

"You're in danger..."

The soft voice slowly began to drag me out of my slumber, and, in a slow haze, my eyes opened partially, and I was able to make out a blurry figure crouched on my side of the bed.

"...huh?" I mumbled, confused.

"You're in danger, Colleen, he knows where you are. You need to hide."

"What are you talking about?" I questioned sleepily, bringing my hands up to my face to rub my eyes, but, lowering them, I saw that no one was there. "What?"

"Are you okay, Colleen?" I heard David inquire, his words mixed with a yawn as he rolled over to face me, watching as I looked around the room with a bewildered expression.

"Yeah... I just had a weird dream... I guess," I trailed off, before an image popped into my mind and I turned over to look at David, smirking, which caused him to raise an eyebrow at me. "So, David, what was with the dancing last night?"

David stared like he had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, his cheeks flushing red in the most adorable way.

"Well...?" I probed, not being able to help the smile on my face.

"I was just... happy. I couldn't sleep." He mumbled, and I smiled, reaching over to wrap my arms around him and give him a hug.

"That's cute," I commented, before laughing lightly when he grumbled something along the lines of 'I'm not cute'. "Anyways, I have to work this morning, so, I have to get dressed."

"If you say so, Kitty." David sighed, and I paused, turning to look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Kitty?" I repeated, and David looked thoughtful for a second, before a smile slowly crept across his lips.

"Yes. Kitty. I like that. My good little Kitty..."

~*~*~*~

"So, have you fucked him yet?"

Leave it to June to be so blunt about asking sexual questions.

"No, I haven't," I replied, rolling my eyes before returning to scan the pallet of hair colors as I sat in the salon chair. "You know how I feel about that..."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," She nodded, sighing, before turning to the stylist. "I'd like it red, but, turning to black near the bottom. So like, getting darker as it goes down. Okay?"

"Yes, of course, girl." The stylist agreed, nodding her head and causing her pink curls to bounce before she walked over to her counter and picked up a fresh syringe, beginning to fill it with the chemical dye.

"What about you, Colleen? What're you getting done to your hair?" June inquired, and I frowned, my eyes roaming the color pallet again before looking over at June.

"Mind if I copy you? But, like... with purple?" I questioned, and she grinned.

"Not at all, we can get matching hairstyles!" June cheered, and I laughed, before turning back to Ava, who had filled June's syringe with the red to black dye.

"Did you hear that, Ava?" I called back to her.

"Sure did, girlie. Purple fading to black. Got'cha."

I waited for Ava to inject June with the chemical dye before walking back to her counter and filling a new syringe with the chemical for my hair, while I turned and watched June's hair almost magically change color, starting at the roots and running down to the ends.

Once both June's and my hair were done, we both paid and walked out of the salon and into the early evening air, where the sun was about to set.

"It was awesome hanging out with you, Colleen, but, I've got to get going. Catch you later?" June smiled, taking a step in the direction of her house.

"Yeah, it was great. See you later." I waved at her, and she did the same before turning and walking off, while I turned the other way, in the direction of David's apartment, and started walking.

I was humming quietly to myself, so lost in my own thoughts that I wasn't prepared for the hands that grabbed me from the entrance to an alley I was passing.

One hand covered my mouth while the other arm wrapped around my torso and pulled me back against someone's chest.

"Guess who..."