Chapter Eighteen

(A/N: Wow I updated! Yaay! Look at that, it's a miracle! Woot! Yeah, so, here's another chapter... and I think all you lovers of David and Colleen will be very happy of me. This was a chapter that I knew exactly what would happen, but, I just couldn't sit down and write it. I finally did, sitting here in the principal's office of my school... haha. Yeah. Also, with the new layout of Wattpad, I'm not sure if the format of this chapter will be messed up... we'll just have to wait and see. But, anyways, I'm not sure when the next chapter will be out, but, for now, enjoy this one. Thanks!)

Chapter Eighteen

David Connelly

"...and you can't fight the tears that ain't coming, or the moment of truth in your lies. When everything feels like the movies, yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive."

Sitting in the van on the ride back, beside Colleen, I was half listening to the conversations going on with the others, and half in my own thoughts.

Of course I had not meant to hit Colleen right in a place that it would hurt like a bitch.

I had been aiming at someone else behind the roof that she was hiding behind, and whoever I had been aiming at had disappeared and I ended up shooting at Colleen instead.

Obviously I wasn't going to just avoid shooting her through the entire duration of the game, as that wouldn't really be fun for anyone, but, I hadn't meant to hit her where I did... and the thing that sucked was that was the first time she had actually been hit by a paintball.

She's being impressively strong about it, I thought to myself as I glanced over to her, seated beside me and smiling shyly at the words her friends were speaking. She got hit in a really painful place and she's still smiling and enjoying herself.

Smiling softly, I looked ahead and out the windshield, noticing that we were back at the building that we had left, the youth building that Colleen was so fond of.

We all clambered out of the van and started unloading the bags of paintball guns and protective gear from the vehicles and bringing them into the building.

Colleen still helped unload the stuff, even though one of her hands was pressed firmly against where the paintball had impacted with her collar.

Most of the people who had gone paintballing - including Colleen and myself - stayed around for a few hours, cleaning off the guns, helmets, and gear, making sure they were clean of any paint that had been splattered on them during our warfare.

It was around eight thirty when we finally left, Colleen waving goodbye to her friends before she climbed into the passenger seat of my car.

She was still holding her hand firmly to her collar, but, at the same time giving me an affectionate and cheerful smile.

"I'm sorry I shot you in the collar bone, Colleen." I apologized sheepishly as I pulled out of the parking lot of the youth center.

"It's completely fine," She told me, shaking her head with a slight smile on her lovely lips. "It was probably a good experience, to get hit like that. I shouldn't be scared to get shot with a paintball that much anymore, now that I know what it feels like."

"That's good... I think?" I chuckled, and Colleen laughed lightly along with me, making a sound that I couldn't help but smile at.

Watching ahead of me, I noticed how the sun was beginning to set, and I smiled, turning quickly at the corner I was about to pass.