60✯

Liam sped through the trees in his human form, edging around the demons which ran in the opposite direction. Cordelia galloped behind him, trying to be as quiet as possible with her paws smashing into the ground. The demons aimed for the Malik's house and it made Liam's blood want to explode from every vein. They intended to kill his family, and he planned to put an end to the deaths piling up on their field.

The God of lightning could feel the tear and could see the flickering of black approaching through the trees. He slowed down and crouched by Cordelia's wolf who shifted back and pulled on the t-shirt from her cargo trousers. Having multiple pockets
was useful.

"I need you to fight off the demon's while I focus on closing the tear" Liam said, eyeing the many hell-hounds who plummeted through. The more he watched, the more he thought he could see fire every time a demon appeared. He sat back with shock, never thinking he would say what he was about to say.

"The tear" he turned to Cordelia. "I think it leads directly to Hell."

The God of water held back her rain. She suddenly felt cold and shivery, despite it being a warm summer's night.

"I don't like that. We should close it right now."

Liam agreed. A tear that led to evil, pain and suffering had to be closed immediately. Hell punished those who deserved it, but he knew a lot of innocent souls would be there too, the ones that people like Zyaire used to catch.

"When this is all over, we should send Zyaire back to hell for an hour or two, so he can free all of the angel's souls that he captured. I can almost hear their screams.!"

Cordelia patted his shoulder. "Or we could make it our next mission to free the innocent and find a better ruler of hell, now that Lucifer is dead?" she suggested.

"We should leave that to the demons." The thought of entering hell didn't sit well with Liam. His soul didn't belong there, and he would surely feel the rejection.

"Ready?" he asked, nudging Cordelia with encouragement. It was a foreign feeling, being so confident; he hadn't shown a moment of weakness since the war began. Liam knew if he started to doubt himself, the demon's would take advantage in a heartbeat.

"I'm ready." Cordelia turned into her wolf once again. Her Godly form created the biggest wolf demons had ever seen.

When Liam exposed himself with lightning bolts in his hands, Cordelia charged towards the enemy, ready to defend her leader. She sucked the water from the earth and drowned those that lunged for her. Some started running in the direction of the house, not wanting to be a part of her magic.

Liam's lightning bolts lit up the dark forest, painting the trees with their flickering yellow glow.

To new demons, he looked crazy and ready to fight. They didn't know if they should run away or challenge his power. Liam gave them no choice as he flung his electricity rope from his palm and wrapped it around a demon's waist. She screamed when it started burning her skin. He flicked her aside, knocking down more demons.

One tried to jump on Liam's back, but Cordelia knocked him down with her telekinesis, then stuck the demon's head into the earth, suffocating him.

When Liam approached the tear, the heat pouring from the slit was intense. The smell was foul like Lucifer's scent but twice as potent. He covered his nose with his forearm to prevent a gag and lifted his other hand to close it. A part of him was intrigued and curious about what Hell m looked like, and a portion of him was terrified like his nightmares were coming true.

"Close it!" Miyu, the God of truth, yelled as she helped Cordelia ward off the hell-hounds.

Liam stopped staring into the tear and started shrinking it before more demon's entered their world. The black hole evaporated in sync to his hand as it slowly turned to a fist. He could tell that demons were in the process of transporting to their world and would now be lost in the fabrics between the two places, but they were coming to kill his family. He had to remind himself that the demons they murdered could kill someone he loved if he took pity.