4✯

Micah, Lilith- DEMONS
Niall, Eloise- ANGELS
Shawn-HUMAN

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"Son, it's one in the morning, and I think you should try to get some sleep," Ares said, rubbing Zayn's back.

"How can I? He still looks so pale."

"I know, but there's nothing we can do for him now. His wrists have healed which means he is getting better. He lost a lot of blood, but he's a God, and I think he will be just fine in a few hours. There's no point in making yourself sick."

Liam hadn't shown signs of waking up, even after a few hours. His face endured no emotion; his body felt freezing to the touch. If his chest were not rising and falling from his breathing, they would have every right to think he was dead.

"If it's not too uncomfortable for you, can I stay?" Vincent  asked, sitting up on the bed. "I understand that it's your territory, so I can leave if you want me to."

"I wont be able to sleep if you're in my room. I can leave the door open if you want to sit in the corridor?" Zayn stood, yawning back his sleep.

"Sure." Vincent rested a hand on the teen's shoulder. "I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier. I'm just getting tired of people targeting him like he's some monster. I didn't think about how you would be feeling, and I apologise for that."

"It's fine; it was a normal reaction." Zayn climbed on the bed and rested next to his mate, putting an arm under the back of his head and kissing his temple. He moved his hand through the robe and placed it on Liam's chest, feeling the steady beat of his heart.

"You'll be okay," he whispered, hoping he felt his breath against him.

"Night son, I'll see you in the morning." Ares and Vincent left, and Zayn settled immediately. They no longer invaded his territory, but the stress of another surprise attack would keep him awake for hours.

Micah stood outside of his bedroom while Lilith sat by the front door and Eloise by the back door. If the God did visit again, they could only slow her down; they didn't stand a chance against someone so powerful.

Devious and controlling were two things that didn't mix well.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

When Zayn woke, a pair of beautiful chocolate eyes were the first things he saw, studying him, waiting for him to wake. Quickly, Zayn sat up, inspecting his mate with worry.

"You're awake! Are you okay?" he asked, noticing how the colour had returned to his cheeks.

Liam nodded. There was a hint of sadness in his eyes that Zayn didn't like.

"Are you sure, let me see." The werewolf examined his wrists, and there was a tiny scar left behind on each one.

"You lost a lot of blood. Do you feel weak from that?"

Liam shook his head, and Zayn could now tell that he was on the brink of a major meltdown.

"How long have you been awake?"

"I don't know" Liam whispered, his bottom lip
quivering.

Zayn slowly pulled him into the seating position and cupped his face.

"Hey! No tears. Can you tell me what happened last night?" he asked in a soft soothing voice.

"I was in the bath, a-and I felt the tingling in my fingers, and I knew the other God was near again. When I tried to climb out of the water, it started going cold really quickly, it turned to ice in seconds, and I was stuck," he whispered, trying not to cry.