14✯

Nathan left shortly after his son, wanting to track him down and talk about what happened in the sports hall. He didn't know why Vic held so much anger and felt like it was okay to belittle everyone around him, especially Zayn. Jealousy is a dangerous thing, more so if Vic can give abuse, but can't take it.

When Nathan reached home, he could hear his wife yelling from inside his car. Quickly, he ran into the house and was hit with a shirt and a pair of trousers that his wife flung out of a suitcase.

"You're not leaving! Don't be so stupid!" Kayla yelled at her son. Vic yanked the suitcase from her grip and hurried to zip it up.

"I am, and you can't stop me. I'm sick of being hated in this town!"

"Victor!" Nathan yelled. Kayla and his son spun on their heels. "Stop this nonsense. What has gotten into you? You're cruel to everyone and expect kindness in return. We didn't raise you this way!"

"Cruel to everyone?" Vic scoffed and shoved his arms into backpack straps.

"Did something happen?" Kayla asked her mate.

"Yes. Vic tried to tell Aiolos everything he doesn't like about Zayn. As you can imagine, that didnt go well. His brother blew up in his face." Kayla crossed her arms.

"Vic, why? You know wolves are protective of those who they respect. Zayn is respected by many because he's a good kid. What is your problem with him?"

"Harry is a human," Vic said, angry that his dad allowed a human to speak to him in such a way.

"And I'm sick of feeling humiliated. I want my pack back"

"Your pack caused mischief; you were split up by Ares because you terrorised his son for accidentally stepping onto our territory. I talked to Zayn, and he apologised for it. There was no reason for you to go after his pack like you did" Kayla said, crossing her arms.

"Why are you doing this to him? Is it because he's gay?" Nathan questioned with a deep frown.

"No." Vic's heart was beating hard with anger. He hated arguing with his parents. "Why are you never on my side? Nobody will want to be in my pack after today. You just ruined my life, and you don't even care."

"Do you think anyone would want to stay in your pack with an Alpha who hates one of the most respected families in Britain?" Nathan said calmly.

"I don't understand where all this hate is coming from and we are not on your side because you are on the wrong one. We are friends with the Maliks."

Truthfully, Vic knew why he hated Zayn Malik. He felt Jealous of someone so perfect. Zayn had the looks, the family, the mate, and a loyal Beta.

Vic hasn't seen any of his pack members since Alya died. As soon as the pack split, they found new packs immediately, and he was then left with nobody. Even his parents talk about Zayn more than him.

Nathan and Kayla listened to his thoughts with pity on their faces. Nathan stepped in front of his son,resting warm hands on his shoulders.

"Is that why you're so desperate to convince everyone that Zayn is a bad guy? You're jealous?"

"Of course I'm jealous! Nobody even looks twice at me, and I'm a God's cousin! We are related to a God, and it's still all about Zayn. I can't do anything right in your eyes."

"You feel neglected, is that what this is?" Kayla questioned, and her son nodded. "But you were awful to Zayn before he even connected a bond
with Liam."

Vic scratched the back of his head, feeling like the truth had to be said.

"Alya found out that Zayn's mate was another man, so we hated him for it."