As he held his breath, Vincent ran to the window before him, throwing Eirene's flowerpot into the glass. It shattered into more pieces than he could count.

Liam turned in time to see his father dart through the window. The events from that moment onwards felt like slow motion.

Vincent sprinted for Elara who grabbed a mug from the counter, chucking it at his head but missed.

Vincent dived on her and yelled something about her killing Lilith .

Louis was next to enter the kitchen, but instead of going to Harry, he ran around the fighting and crouched by Eirene and Ares, his parents. They were both injured. Ares more than his wife.

Elara screamed at Vincent to get off him and pulled his shoulder at an awkward angle. Vincent heard a crack and felt a twang of pain all the way down his arm, but he didn't give up. He pinned his ex-wife onto the floor, staring into her cold dead eyes, wondering how he ever loved her.

"How dare you!" he growled through gritted teeth.

"The only thing I will ever thank you for is giving me Harry and Liam. They have been the light in my life when you tried to drown this family in darkness. Your time is up now Elara. You're going to hell!"

He lifted her head, preparing to smash it against the hard floor, but Elara raised a hand with a piece of the shattered glass between her fingers and slashed it across Vincent's face, catching his eye in the gash.

Vincent cried out and froze for long enough to be pushed away. He landed on his back and curled into a ball, nursing his injury when the light in his right eye turned to black.

"I'm still bringing shadows to this family," Elara spat and turned to Harry. "You're a family of monsters!"

Then, she lunged for her son. Her human son. Liam, in his wolf form, sprinted towards the house when Athena tried to protect Harry. Elara pushed her aside like she wasn't even there. Flora's old bones crumpled in a heap when she landed and skidded across the floor with enough force to stop Athena's heart.

Elara gripped Harry's arms who dropped his walking stick.

"You'll be better off in heaven. I can't see you living in this cursed world any longer."

Liam crashed through the window, and his paws skidded along the tiles, making deep scratches with his claws.

Elara lifted hands to Harry's head and prepared to snap his neck and end his life for good until she felt an icy sting in her gut. Looking down, she noticed the handle was no longer fastened to her son's walking stick, but it remained in Harry's hand.

Attached to the replica of Louis' wolf head was a blade, small but magnificently sharp. The human stood on one leg with a knife in his mother's stomach. He could only stare into her eyes. They were once familiar to him. As a child, he would do anything to make them happy. He wasn't a child anymore, and Elara was no longer the mother he wanted in his life.

"Fear really does bring out the worst in people. Enjoy hell" Harry twisted the knife then pushed her away to die a slow death.

He fell to the ground and landed on something warm and fury. Liam aided his fall, not caring that his mother was dying, only caring about his real family.

Elara stood on trembling legs, watching the blood trickle from her wound. She grinned with sinister eyes and said, "If I'm dying, your father is dying with me."

She turned, expecting to see Vincent huddled on the floor, whimpering about the wound on his face. Instead, a big white wolf stood in his place, growling and baring its teeth. The gash was still on Vincent's face, and he could only see out of one eye, but that was enough sight to see his pray.