Chapter Seven: Shrieks And Cries Compose His Attire

Start from the beginning

Tears burst out of Seth's eyes while Norea's lips curls down. That couldn't be the truth. Seth would never do such things and yet the latter doesn't hesitate to confess it all between two heavy pants. "I'm sorry, Norea. I had to do it; otherwise, we would have never known about Lilith."

Could Norea trust him again?

His notebook drops out of her hoodie as the Archons stab her back with his glowing stare. The golden tongue of a snake then rolls out of his mouth and, like the one of Gadreel, it licks the side of her face.

"He even swore to bring you to us before your eighteenth birthday."

"Lies!" Norea sobs.

"We agreed on his kind offer, except we never told him when or how we should free him from this life."

Blood suddenly splashes all over her face, the blood of Seth who has just been beheaded right before her eyes.

The Archons' hand tightens his grasp on Norea, lifting her light body off the ground. "Now tell us everything. What did the Luminary say to you about Yaldabaoth?" As she remains silent, the Archons' voice hardens. "Tell us the name of the one who will kill our master, Yaldaboath now?"

In these last words, the Archon's head extends out of his hood, and his mouth cracks open to reveal a massive void filled with spiralling teeth that could fit Norea's entire body inside. The only sound Norea can hear in her lowest moments is her heartbeat and the distant sound of an engine rumbling. As the Archons' breath blows a heavy wind over her head, Norea shifts her sight to the left and spots a red dot on the horizon. It gets closer to them as the roar of a motorcycle grows louder, and in an instant, everything goes white.

Lying on the ground between shards of glass, Norea shakes her head awake to see the back of a brightening Lilith on a motorcycle before her. In her hand, she holds a sword bearing the red marks of broken lightning. Wincing, Norea gazes at her throat; the crimson filaments are everywhere around her neck, and without a doubt, she knows Lilith had just saved her in extremis from the Archons.

"Just know this, Norea," Lilith says as she makes the engine of her motorcycle roar louder. "I'll never leave you alone; we're in this together!" She then turns around, staring at Norea with a gleam in her eyes. "I was just out to get some backup, but now I'm here, and we'll kill all the Archons to the last. Jump on the bike; we have to go right now!"

Lilith does not have to say it twice for the trembling Norea to pick herself up and brush her clothes clean from her crimson veins.

Norea, though, pauses in the middle of her actions to look over the now deserted ballroom, checking over the broken windows on the dome ceiling, which mark Lilith's motorcycle entrance. Down on the same sightline, she also witnesses, with a small gasp in her mouth, the decapitated body of Seth, with his neck still stuck between the bars of his bird cage and his head nowhere to be seen. While the Archons are still on their balcony, shrouded in their black cloaks, they all gather around their one brother with a bleeding, chopped hand, and then between Lilith and them, Norea sees the haloing shapes of three familiar men.

"The Luminary!" Norea cries.

"Yeah, you can call them like that too, but to me, they are just my sergeants, the SSS!" Lilith says with a wink of an eye at the stunned Norea, who hastens to climb on the back of her motorcycle.

With a smirk, Sammangelof switches off his video game console. "Look at those five grown-up white asses taking on two poor innocent women; this sounds like some kind of déjà vu to me, Senoy?"

As Sammangelof taps his hand over Senoy's shoulder, the latter clears his throat. "Gentlemen, a long time ago, you sent us after Lilith to kill her, to kill your own kind, so you can frame us for her murder and the one of her sons that you committed yourself at the high court of the Pleroma!" He then cracks his knuckles, with Sansenoi raising his chin to the Archons. "Well, should we settle this now?" Senoy opened his arms wide. "Three angels versus five demons?"

Grinning, Sansenoi punches his fist against his own hand. "Sounds like some everyday exercises for the angels!"

In this declaration of war, the SSS shred their humanoid appearances to embrace their proper forms. Their skins turned topaz, with most parts of them blazing into the bronze, fiery pillars of their new single leg. While their clothes evaporate into clouds, with no less than ten white wings shouting out of their backs, their faces are left with only a myriad of eyes—the many burning sights of one same sun.

Lilith doesn't need to stay longer to know that the Archons will vanish on this treat. She rides her motorcycle out to the exit with Norea holding on tight to her waist.

However, her tyre screeches at the door. One last demon remains in this doomed castle. She walks out of the shadow to them in her glittering metallic tube bowknot jumpsuit, the trompe oeil of a decolté that gives her the semblance of larger breasts. She creates fear on each clack of her high-heeled stiletto on the floor, lust exulting in each of her breaths too as she whips her long silver hair back behind her head to reveal a face similar to the one of Elaois.

A smirk etches its path across her face as her hand rests on her hips. She just stands there, right before Lilith and Norea, with a wide, open door behind her.

Lilith draws her brows closer and says, "Thanks, Astaphanos!" before running her motorcycle above the Archons, through the exit threshold, and straight into the main road.