Chapter Twenty Six

Everyone in the function was awed to see their irresistible chemistry.  They look so perfect to each other. Dadi has a proud smile on her face seeing them together like this, finally, her dreams are coming true one by one. Then from both sides Diya and Amani brought the rings to exchange. Seeing Diya doing this, Arnav got a firm look on his face. Then Dadi silently pleaded with him to take the rings, and Khushi took the ring from Amani with a charming smile, those rings were specially crafted with Arnav's order. It has a look of royalty

 Then she slid the rings into his finger, following her, Arnav slid hers onto her finger

Then she slid the rings into his finger, following her, Arnav slid hers onto her finger. Everyone clapped happily seeing the beautiful scene, and soon Everyone came forward to congratulate them. Their engagement happened on a good note.

….

After two days... At Khanna mansion.

Neha rests her head on the dining table, there's nobody around her. Silent tears were rolling down her eyes. Yesterday everyone in the family came to know about her health. As she expected. Soon knowing the baby's not healthy enough, dadi storms out of the place after scolding her. Rajiv and Parvin were utterly disappointed and enraged by the news, after knowing Raghav's condition, they had high hopes for her baby, the next generation of the Khanna clan. Now even there's a question mark on that. No one was ready to talk with her afterward. She became a lonely person in this huge mansion. Suddenly she jolted on the seat hearing a voice from behind.

“Did you eat anything, Neha?”

She turned to hear her father-in-law's voice. She quickly tried to get up, but he held her hand and made her sit. He took the chair beside her and stared at her with pitiful eyes.

“I'm not hungry uncle, I'll eat later”. She told him with a faded smile, she couldn't even fake a smile. The pain in her heart not letting her smile. He sighs hearing her words, of course, she won't eat. He slowly filled one of the plates with the food on the table and told her to push the plate toward her.

“Pregnant ladies must have their meal at the correct time, remember you are keeping another life hungry as well, eat Neha”.

He pushed her to eat. She felt her tears fighting to come out hearing his words, it made her vulnerable. Then she softly started to eat, he looked at her pitifully, he knew about his family members' treatment of her recently. But what to do? What she throws out, will always come back to her.

“Don't worry neha, I talked with one of my doctor friends, he's the best gynecologist in India, and he agreed to get you under his supervision until the delivery. Don't lose hope, we can fix this”.

She soon burst out of tears hearing his words. She couldn't control it anymore. She started to cry a terrible feeling in his arm.  He patted her head to calm herself. He knows it's too much for her to bear because she never went through such pain in her life. Khushi never let her feel any hardship. Now going through all those traumas might cause her huge pain.