Chapter Twenty Three

"Yuvaraj sir. What a pleasant surprise!"

He got up with a smile seeing her beautiful face get a joyous smile on face. She came towards him happily. She is indeed happy to see him after a long time. Whatever their broken relationship, she couldn't forget he was her boss in the past. He never failed to take care of her. He has always been an excellent human being in her life.

"you might have forgotten about me. I didn't spend a day without thinking about you. You have always been on my mind."

He told her with a calm voice. Until today nobody had heard his tone. Arnav gives him a murderous glare hearing his words. He understood the meaning behind his words well. This old ass is testing his temper right now. He better watch his words. Khushi smiled hearing him. When she tried to take a seat beside him, Arnav pulled her quickly and made her sit beside him. She was quite a starlet by his pull. But he passed her a quick smile.

"Mr. Khanna came to congratulate us on our engagement".

She smiles feeling touched. At least he thought to express happiness for her better future. Yuvaraj was well known, he pissed off him, and his mind triggered him to play along.

"Yeah, I canceled my schedule today for you both. After all, as your former boss I have to congratulate you on the engagement. Even if you didn't invite me".

He told her, sounding sad. She feels guilty hearing his words. She wanted to invite him on behalf of her side of the people. But she stepped back thinking about their past issues.

"I'm sorry sir. I really wanted to invite you. But I couldn't do that because of our issues. I thought it would create unnecessary problems. That's why I stepped back. Otherwise, it would be an honor for me to invite you to my engagement".

"Khushi, whatever happens, nothing's gonna change my love for you. You mean to me more than you can imagine. I would do anything for your happiness. Remember this always".

His tone declares how sincerely he meant every word. Khushi was quite shocked when she heard his words. She never expected such a talk from him. Somewhere her mind raised the doubt, that there was something more in his every word. But she ignored the unwanted thoughts. Maybe he is really affectionate towards her as a fatherly figure.

Arnav is facing a tough moment right now. He couldn't bear to hear his words. The only thing stopping him was his help in tarnishing the duo criminals. Otherwise, he might be spitting blood now. He better leave this place soon before he does something crucial.

Yuvaraj composed himself with a faint smile. He realized that he had gone too far. He doesn't want to raise the questions in her mind. Then he acted cool and told her with a smile.

"I actually came here to give you something along with the wishes. You have been a great employee to me. And for our years of knowing, I thought to give you something for your wedding. I hope you'll like it".

She was surprised by his words. Before she denied it, he dialed someone's number and soon cut the call after one ring. When she wonders what's going to come. A few men entered the house with some boxes. One by one they start to keep the boxes in the hall. Khushi was stunned to see the whole thing. Everything was finely wrapped, expensive things

 Everything was finely wrapped, expensive things