Chapter Twenty

•••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••

Next day.

Arnav left the house earlier than usual skipping breakfast. Everyone knows the reason behind his sudden cold attitude. Khushi couldn't do anything to pacify him knowing it was all a waste of effort. He won't come around that quickly. She thought to let him be Himself for some time. She is waiting for the correct time to come.

After having breakfast. Khushi helped Amani to get ready for college. Today is the parents meeting at her college. She never missed any of her college activities and, as usual, promised Amani that she would be on time. Soon after she left, dadi told her with a little smile.

"Khushi, today evening I fixed the appointment with a designer. It would be better if we select the dresses for the engagement today".

"Okay, Dadi ji. I'll join you there after attending Amani's parents' meeting. Is it okay with you?"

"that's okay, but make sure to get Arnav Along with you. I know he is being grumpy, but he needs to be there to give the perfect measurement".

Khushi nodded her head with a faint smile. Then she left her room after informing Dadi she going to get ready to go for a meeting. Seeing her going Diya came there and took a seat beside Dadi.

"dadi what are you doing? Are you seriously doing this? Are you really going to let her marry bhai?"

"yeah, what's wrong with that? They two love each other, and are already married, this marriage  happening for my happiness, then what's the problem?"

"dadi seriously? How can you accept her so easily? She got married to bhai through an illegal affair, She cheated on her husband for bhai, and such a character can do the same thing again and again. What if she cheats on bhai for someone else?"

"shut up diya! Mind your words, Diya, without knowing anything properly, we can't accuse her, she may have been married once, but we don't know what kind of person her ex-husband is. What if she went through any hardship because of him? Remember women cannot be the reason for every divorce. We can't accuse women of everything. Hereafter at least think before you speak".

"then what about Mahira? You always wanted her as Bhai's wife. She is a multi-millionaire in South Korea. You always considered her as the perfect match for Bhai".

"that before he confessed his feelings for Khushi, after knowing how much he loves her, you telling me to break their relationship and marry him off to someone else? Before even saying this, did you realize the fact about whom you are talking? Do you really believe he will accept that easily? After years of praying, my wish came true. I don't want to spoil any of it with your stubborn attitude".

"but dadi she,"

"Listen carefully diya, she is your babhi, no matter how much you deny it, she is your brother's wife. I know how much you desired to get your friend as his wife. But this is what destiny planned for him. It will be better if you accept this. Hereafter I don't want any arguments regarding this".