Chapter 4: the Grand dream

Start from the beginning

The ceremonial area was adorned with intricately woven vines and leaves, creating an enchanting archway that stood as a symbol of nature's blessing. Birds perched on the branches above, their melodious songs serving as a heavenly soundtrack to the joyous occasion.

As the ceremony began, the gentle breeze carried the sweet scent of wildflowers, mingling with the excited whispers of the forest creatures.

Leading the procession were a regal pair of deer, their antlers adorned with delicate blossoms. They gracefully made way for Dam Kra and Lui.

As the couple stood beneath the archway, their union symbolized the harmony between the human and natural worlds. The officiant, a wise old elephant known for his wisdom, spoke words of love and unity, reminding all present of the importance of cherishing one another until death do us part.

The pair of deer brought in a sharp axe that looked like it can cut through a mountain before the groom and the bride and place it at their feet. Then the couple had to skip over the axe as part of the wedding tradition indicating that they would go through thick and thin as one.

Following the exchange of drinking the rice wine, the animals erupted into jubilant applause, their voices mingling with the rustling leaves and the babbling brook nearby. The air was filled with a sense of enchantment and celebration, as Dam Kra and Lui sealed their love with a kiss on each other's cheeks.

The ceremony was filled with laughter and joy, as the animals whispered their blessings and shared their wisdom. Birds fluttered overhead, releasing colorful confetti to celebrate the newlywed couple. The forest seemed to come alive, as if celebrating in unison with its inhabitants.

As the celebration continued into the evening, the forest transformed into a magical banquet hall where all the animals feasted on the magical ground with their own prefer food.

As the joyous celebration continued, there came a moment when a hint of sadness clouded Lui's eyes. She sat by the balcony of the stilt house. The weight of her parents' absence on her special day weighed heavily on her heart. She longed for their presence, wishing they could witness this magical union between her and Dam Kra. However, she knew that there was no way for her to see her parents ever again.

Sensing her sadness, Dam Kra, ever the playful and caring soul, approached Lui with gentle understanding. He took a seat next to her and looked into her eyes, his own filled with empathy and love.

"My lady Lui," Dam Kra whispered, his voice carrying the promise of a lifetime of love and companionship. "In this enchanted forest, we will create our own world, filled with wonders and magic. You won't miss your life in the village because living with me will bring you more fun and excitement than anything else."

He held her hand as he continued to reassure her. "I promise to take care of you, you don't need to worry about anything. You can do anything you want. Here, you are not in a confined caged like how you used to live. I am here, and I can swear on my words that no one or nothing is going to hurt you."

Lui's sadness began to fade, replaced by a glimmer of hope and trust in Dam Kra's words.

With a hint of hesitation, Lui turned to Dam Kra, her eyes filled with a mixture of hope and uncertainty. She mustered the courage to ask, "Dam Kra, do you think I could visit my home village? Just for a little while, if it's permitted?"

Dam Kra, who had grown fond of his human bride, felt a pang of reluctance in his heart. He couldn't bear the thought of Lui leaving the enchanted forest, even for a short time. But his love for her compelled him to understand her longing for her family and the need for connection to her roots.