team

Another decade passed and through that course of time, three more ninja were all added. All guys. I didn't mind though and trained with all of them. But one day, the three of them were made to hide, while I was to help train a newcomer. I heard them before I saw them. "Aren't we in a little bit of a hurry since they have the map?" 

"Patience." The doors opened, and I bowed. "You will be ready when you are ready, and not a moment sooner." 

"Good afternoon sensei." 

"Y/n. Meet Kai. You will be helping him train." Kai seemed out of breath and glanced at me. 

"At least I'm not alone for this." 

"Oh but you are. Y/n will simply be guiding you. She has been training under me for the past ten years and has unlocked the key to spinjitzu. She will be monitoring and assisting when needed. Isn't that right." I smile. 

"Of course." I looked at Kai. "Welcome." He looked around. 

"A monastery? You expect me to learn to fight in a place of peace?" 

"Not fight. Train." Sensei went over to the button that unleased the training course. I already knew what to do here, since he had me do it for the other three. "To become a true ninja, first you must be able to see what others do not." 

"But there's nothing here." Sensei knocked back the dragon, revealing a button, and pressed it. With that, the training course came out. "Woah. Is this gonna teach me how to do that cool move?" He jumped onto a pole, and tried to balance it. It went down, and I chuckled. 

"Oh dear." It propelled him off and onto the dragon, where he bounced off and onto the ground. I laughed a little louder. 

"Complete the training course before I finish my tea" He grabbed his things. "Then we will see if you are ready." He downed the tea quickly while Kai just looked at him confused. "Today you have failed. Tomorrow you will try again." 

"Failed?! But I didn't even start to-"

"Patience." Sensei said as the doors closed. I smiled. 

"Come on Kai, lets see how far you can get." He looked around. 

"I don't even know where to begin on this thing." I shake my head. 

"How about a demonstration? Then we can see what we can do for you." He looked at me, and sighed. 

"Sure." 

I ran through the course under thirty seconds with practiced ease, ending up in front of him, while he looked at me in awe. "Okay, you have no chance of running that right now, especially not as fast as I did. Let's start by teaching you how to punch."

"Lets get this over with." 

Weeks went by with Kai improving every day. One day, he knocked the cup out of sensei's hand, surprising both of us. I was fidgeting with my hands while I watched him, both itching to get onto the course myself, and to see him succeed. I looked to see sensei repouring his tea, and then I looked to see Kai seated next to him. "Was that one sugar, or two?" He asked, holding the sugar cubes.

"Heh." Sensei seemed both annoyed and proud in that moment. As he got up, me motioned for me to go with him. 

"So am I going to learn this spinjitzu I've been hearing so much about?"

"You already have. Your final test comes tomorrow. My advice is to get some sleep." He turned to me and spoke quieter. "Get your teammates. His test will be tonight." I nod, and go to find them. They thought this was stealth practice. They were in for quite the shock later. But for now, I informed them that they would be doing ambush practice on the new guy. They nodded in understanding, and Cole spoke out.