"No, y-you don't have to." he answered while holding her hand tightly.

He tried to get up but she immediately stopped him, like Grandma, he also needs a lot of rest and according to the doctor they need to stay in the hospital for three more days before they can go home, especially Caleb, to make sure there will be no complications.

"You have to take a rest."

"Come lay down next to me then."

She immediately did what he said and lay down next to him, he spread his right arm under her head to make it her a pillow and hugged her.

"Are you crying?" he asked when he turned his head in her direction.

"Tears of joy."

He chuckled.

She caressed his cheek and gave him a quick kiss on his lips, she missed the sweetness of her husband's lips. She felt like almost a year had passed since the incident, she missed him so much. She couldn't imagine how Caleb felt when he waited for her to wake up for four days.

"I... missed you, I missed you so much." she said while staring at his eyes.

He slowly turned his body on her side then he caressed her cheek, the warmth from his hand makes her feel alive again and not hearing his voice for the whole day makes her go insane.

"I love you, Caleb." she whispered.

Caleb slowly brought his face closer to her until their lips touched, she immediately responded to his kiss. She kisses him passionately, with full of care and longing, she wants to make her husband know how much she loves him through her kisses. Their kisses gradually deepened, as if they were both wanting to express their longing for each other.

"Ugh!"

She immediately pulled her lips away when she heard him in pain.

"Are you alright, my God, I'm so sorry."

"I'm alright." Caleb smiles and hugs her. "You don't have to say sorry, it's my fault because I wanted to kiss you."

She shook her head and hugged him back but she made sure that her body would not touch his wound on his chest, she also wanted to kiss him so it was not only his fault and she was the one who needed to apologize to him, because of her his life was put in danger. She wanted to get mad at him because he caught the bullet that was supposed to be for her, but she didn't have the courage to get mad at him for what he did.

But she would make sure that it will never happen to her husband again, he will never be in danger again.

"Thank you for protecting me." she said to him.

She wanted to hug him tightly but she stopped herself from doing it, she doesn't want him to feel any more pain.

"It's my job to protect you because I'm your husband." he answered.

She raised her head and looked at his handsome face.

"Thank you." she gave him a quick kiss on his lips. "Okay, go back to sleep, you need a lot of rest so you can recover quickly."

She was about to leave the bed when he tightened his hug on her.

"You should sleep by my side."

"You might not feel comfortable when I sleep next to you."

"What are you talking about, the most comfortable place in the world for me was sleeping next to you."

She couldn't help but to smile because of what her husband said, well he was right, the most comfortable place in the world for her was on his side as well.