35 - Fever

Taehyung is spiraling to the ground. The feeling isn't new; Taehyung has been facing depressive episodes since he was very young. As we know, depression has no cure, but it can be managed and treated. Now the only thing he knows is that he needs space; he needs to be alone.

Early in the morning, Taehyung checked his phone and was bombarded with anonymous messages. Not just the usual screenshots, but he also received messages from other numbers, insulting him in the vilest ways and mocking his body. And there were photos from the supposed confidential shoot—Taehyung in all his glory, crouched down with a huge tear in his thighs.

Jungkook made him feel loved and wanted yesterday, but contrary to what Taehyung imagined, it wasn't enough to pull him out of the abyss he was falling into. So when he saw Jin's messages asking for help with farm problems, he took the opportunity and decided to shorten his stay in Seoul and return home. He doesn't want Jungkook to know that he's not okay and worry even more about him.

Taehyung heads to the guest room to take a shower without disturbing Jungkook's sleep. As he packs his bag, he sees the thermogenic supplement bottle that Bogum gave him. "No, thank you. I won't take something prescribed by a businessman." He leaves the bottle forgotten at the bottom of his bag and finishes organizing his clothes. Then he heads to the kitchen to prepare breakfast—for one person. He's on a diet and prefers to skip this meal since he's not very hungry.

As always, Jungkook wakes up to the delicious smell of food and rushes to the kitchen. When he sees Taehyung all dressed up, he looks confused. "Where are we going?"

Taehyung smiles and flips the last pancake onto the plate, sliding it toward Jungkook. "I need to go back to the farm, sorry. Things are hectic there." Jungkook pouts, but he understands. Taehyung has to almost split himself in two for both of his roles. "If I could, I'd go with you, but I'm busy until midweek.'"

"It's okay, Kook. In six days I'll be back to bore you." Jungkook broke off a piece of pancake and brought it to Taehyung's mouth, who pursed his lips. "I've eaten and brushed my teeth, it's all yours, babe", he lied.

"Six days? Oh, I thought you had another shoot during the week."

"I did. So... yesterday's photos were canceled and the jewelry shoot was postponed." Taehyung told Jungkook about the incident with the leather pants, saying that the shoot was canceled because there were no pieces to replace the damaged ones. The farmer chose to omit everything else, from Jackson's insults to the physical evaluation he had to undergo. Taehyung thought that this would only upset Jungkook, he could deal with it on his own.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Tae. Leather pants are tricky, you know. Mine once ripped when I was covering a gala event, and everyone saw my pink underwear!" Jungkook laughed at the memory and Taehyung followed, imagining the scene. Maybe Taehyung really was too sensitive to let it get to him like that, he needs to get his shit together.

Jungkook watched his boyfriend. Taehyung smiles, but his smile doesn't form that beautiful box. And his eyes don't become those little half-moons. "Are you feeling better today? These things happen quite often during photo shoots, don't let it make you sad, my love."

"I'm better, I think yesterday was just the perfect excuse for me to steal your position as the pillow princess."

Jungkook looked at him arching an eyebrow, "Are you calling me pillow princess, Kim Taehyung?"