"We could hire a new CEO-", someone was saying, but I cut him off.

"This brand has been started by me and has seen a steady growth in the upper limit and lower limit of share prices under my tenure, never once falling or going downhill. I say it confidently that no one knows this company's nooks and corners of every department better than me. And at such a time you need a person who can move forward with the knowledge of all the assets and liabilities stored in their head. I assure you that I will resolve this quickly and request to be given a chance.", I said firmly, my tone earnest and assuring, looking everyone in the eyes.

There was slight murmuring among them and after a long time spent in discussions and voting, they finally decided to give me a chance and continue my tenure as the CEO.

As the meeting came to an end, I greeted everyone and was going to walk out of the room, but was stopped by George Cello.

"My wife's been eager to meet you after that disturbed dinner incident, Ms. Baker, could you make some time to visit her?", he asked politely.

My days are already going too fast and tiring and then I'm being asked to meet a woman who wants me to marry her son.

How bothersome!

"I'll surely come visit her in the near future, Mr. Cello.", I replied politely, smiling courteously.

He shook hands with me and walked away.

Milan's mother, Emily, is so keen on getting my acceptance to this alliance that it's starting to infuriate me.

The woman doesn't even a percent of me and wants to hook me up with her son.

Scoff.

If she gets to know that I once worked in a brot**l, the eyes that are now holding admiration would fill up with disgust.

It's not just her though, everyone would react the same way.

I'm doing her a favor by staying away and she's being desperate to pull someone like me into her family.

Whatever.

I'm too busy with work to be thinking about her.

The day went by with me trying to reach out to other construction firms with no success at all.

While I was having my dinner hastily in my cabin to resume my work as soon as possible, I paused when his words came to my mind.

"You still need to pay me back for the disrespect, Ms. Baker."

Wait.

He's doing all this because I disrespected him?

That's ...... insane.

It means he's pushing me to a corner to force an apology out of me.

I took a deep breath to calm my bubbling anger.

He's in the mafia after all, what am I expecting!

I let out a disdainful scoff at the reminder.

Well, screw him.

I am not going to apologize.

Fixing that in my mind, I quickly completed my dinner and continued with the work and calls.

The time passed by quickly and now, at a little past 11, I drove out of my office.

With too many thoughts occupying my mind, I could not go to my house as I knew sleep wouldn't even knock at my brain.

Driving to Liam's garage, I parked the car and walked in.

He was done for the day and was cleaning up the tools silently.