ᴄʜ9: ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱʜᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ 7 ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴀɢᴏ?

ABHIRA'S POV

"Ouch, ow." My arm hurt because it seemed like this person's body landed on top of my arm. When I bumped into this person earlier, I spontaneously hugged the body. It was a knee jerk reaction. But wait! Who was the person I bumped into.

The body was too muscular. It must be a man. I had to hurry to apologize to him even though my vision was a little twisted and the lighting outside the toilet was quite dark, so it has hard to see things clearly in a slightly drunk state.

"Miss, are you okay?" The man asked as he helped me up. So I was right, this person was a man. I felt quite reviled, because if I had bumped into a woman, I would have felt every sorry for her. After all, when I fell, I would have landed on top of her body while I thought I gained quite a lot of weight after a few months of being busy with office work that I didn't have time to take care of myself.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry that I bumped into you earlier and thankyou." I replied as I bowed a few times in apology.

"Abhira? I didn't expect to see you here. Are you alone?" Someone asked, who seem to have a familiar voice. No wonder I felt like this person has a familiar voice and I felt like I have heard his voice somewhere.

"Umm, Mr. Armaan Poddar?" I asked. I hope I was wrong. But in the twenty five years I had lived as Abhira Sharma my memory had never been one hundred percent wrong. By one hundred percent, I was probably about ten percent wrong.

"Yeah. Are you okay? You seem to be drunk. Are you alone or with your friends?" He asked as he took my hand to move away from the area in front of the rest room because we had blocked many people from entering. He walked me away from there and we stopped right by the entrance to the main room.

"I'm with Nistha and Shivansh, the man who drove me this morning to your mansion. Sorry I was careless and thankyou for helping me. I guess I should get back before they panic and look for me all over the place. Nice to see you here." I said as I left.

Gosh! Did I have to meet my future boss at a discotheque? Wasn't there a better place to meet? It was a day full of surprises.

When I was about to walk into the main room, he held my hand and he successfully surprised me.

"Is there anything else, sir?" I asked as I walked back closer to him while trying to look at his face, which was full of question marks.

I wondered what I was seeing was real or the effect of being drunk.

"Sorry to startle you. I have something to ask. Have me meet before? I felt like I've smelled perfume like the one you are wearing." He asked with a probing look.

From the direction of men's restroom, a man came out and walked towards us, then he stopped right behind Armaan.

I thought for a moment to remember every detail of the events in my past. Have I ever met him? I didn't think I'd ever seen his face and interacted with him.

"Sorry sir, I don't think we have meet. I brought this perfume at a department store and I think probably there are many young ladies who wear the same perfume as me." I replied. Suddenly, he had a disappointed look on his face.

"Okay, I was hoping we have ever meet. I was wrong. Sorry, to have startle you. But one more question. The sampoo you are using has the same scent as the person I was looking for. Ah, maybe you are right there are tens of hundreds of woman who might use the same type of sampoo as you. You can leave before your friends look for you." He said. His face still looked disappointed.

Who exactly was he looking for?

"Good evening, Mr. Poddar. I hope you find the person you are looking for. Bye." I said as I waved goodbye to him.

"Can you walk on you own?" He aksed as his hands supported my arms.

"I can walk on my own, although my head is a little dizzy, but I remember where we sat." I replied.

"Okay." He replied.

Just as I turned around and was about to walk to the main room entrance, Nistha come in. "Abhira are you okay? What took you so long? Oh, Armaan you are here."

"Hey, Nistha I come here once in a while and I just bumped into Abhira at restroom door. I'll be going home then." He said as he waved and left with Anurag. They walked to the back door.

Nistha immediately held my hand as she peppered me with questions. "Abhira, do you know it was Mr. Armaan Poddar? How did you guys meet earlier? What did you talk about? He likes to visit this place. I heard he has a girlfriend. Did he came alone?"

"Nistha my head is very dizzy. Can we go back to our seats before I answered all your questions?" I asked.

"Oh, okay let me take your hand before you fall on the dance floor." She replied with a smile.

Nistha is sanguine, while I'm probably introverted. I'm not very sociable with strangers and I don't like crowded and noisy places. I like silence and places that are less crowded and noisy. Therefore, my character and Nistha's character are the opposite. While Nistha has same character as Shivansh. They are almost identical.

It's good thing Nistha came and took me by the hand to our seats because it turned out that when I went back inside the dimly lit and noisy main room of the discotheque, I had a hard time finding our seats.

"You've back at last. The snacks we ordered arrived earlier. Let's eat." Shivansh said.

After sitting down and drinking a glass of mineral water, I felt better. I didn't think I will be drinking anymore alcohol, as I had to get to wrok early before the office closed. While waiting for Nistha and Shivansh to finish their drinks and snacks. I sat back in my chair, wishing the world around me would stop spinning .

A little while later, exactly one hour before midnight, we finally got out of the discotheque and got into the car. I closed my eyes whole way because everything I saw seemed to spin. Finally the car driven by Shivansh arrived at my apartment and they helped me into the elevator.

I was a terrible drinker. In the elevator, Nistha and Shivansh engaged me in a conversation but I didn't know what they were talking about. My head was too dizzy and I just wanted to lie down. All I remember was them carrying my body into the apartment until I was staying in and I heard Mom's shocked and grumbling voice.

"Oh my god, what happened to her? Is she okay? I told her many times not to drink alcohol. That incident happened because she drank too much alcohol."