ᴄʜ7: ʜᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ

ABHIRA'S POV

On the way home from Armaan's mansion, I sat leaning against back of chair as I stared at rows of houses on the left and right sides of the window. Ever since I was little, I had always asked my dad to take me to this street because I wanted to see and observe the model houses that lined the street.

I had another reason beside wanting to see this houses. When, I was a kid I thought the houses in these area were unique and nice. All the houses along this street were the same model, just different in terms of colour. Another thing was that these houses were higher than the roads.

To reach the front door, we have to climb a few steps. I imagined standing behind it's living room's window and and enjoying the view of the highway. It would be fine.

"Abhira."

"Abhira."

Shivansh's voice woke me from my reverie. It was him calling my name. "Yes?"

"You're daydreaming. Is there something you want to talk about? You can talk to me about it or we can hangout tonight with Nistha. As always I'll pick you guys up." Shivansh asked as his eyes focused on highway.

"Mr. Armaan has accepted me as to work as his daughter's private tutor. And I didn't know he was Ruhi's hisband. I just can't imagine working at his house next week and seeing Ruhi everyday. Huff, she will make trouble with me. I need this job. As you know, I'm the backbone of the family and I can't decide anything based on my emotions and feelings. Why would I meet her?" I replied, sipping the mineral water.

"If you keep quiet, then you lose. If you fight back, I think she'll stop bothering you." He replied.

I looked closely at his face. Shivansh smiled widely and within few seconds he was laughing loudly. He was such a pain in the ass. I thought the answer he gave was a serious one.

"Be a little serious." I said as I stared at the busy highway.

"Okay, I'm sorry. The answer I gave was serious. As you know god creates the mind of women and men differently. Women use more feelings while men use more logics. That's why men are from mars and women are from venus. If I were you I would ignore Ruhi. My focus is on doing a good job. If she is going to mess with you, just ignore her. Or is she go too far with you, you better report it to Mr. Poddar. I'm sure he is a wise man." He replied.

For the first time in my life, I heard a long and reasonable explanation from Shivansh. He is a humorous guy, so once he gave a logical and serious explanation, I felt a little strange. But, the answer he gave made sense and was good.

Men have an easier time dealing with pressure or problem, because they solve everything using logic. This is inversely proportional to women.

"Since when, did you become a little wise?" I asked.

"Since the long time ago. Its just that you and Nistha didn't realise the advantages I have. Especially Nistha. She never realised the signals I sent her." He replied as he left out a long breath.

"W-wait! Signals? Do you like Nistha? Since when? Hahaha." I asked laughing out loud. It was unexpected. Shivansh liked Nistha.

"Since, we we're in senior high school, I've liked her, but she doesn't realize it or she pretends not to realize it." He replied. The look on his face turns sad.

I touched his shoulder and patted it lightly. "Keep fighting if you love her."

"Even men have patience. You remember that, Abhira. If we men feel that the love we are after is too hard to achieve then we will give up and leave so we don't get hurt." He said. This time his face looked serious and not so sad anymore.

"Okay, thanks for the advice."

"Tonight. Seven o'clock, okay?" He asked. For parties, Shivansh face instantly turned happy because he was the king of parties, while Nistha was the queen of parties.

"Ok."

Moments later the car Shivansh was driving stopped infront of my apartment. After closing the car door and waving, I rushed up to the seventh floor.

I got into the elevator and leaned against the wall just to unwind. I hope I made the right decision by accepting this for Mom and Abhimaan.

After the ding sound, the elevator doors opened, I rushed out and walked to my apartment unit. When I entered the room and closed the door again, I found mom standing waiting for me near the shoe rack.

"Mom, what are you doing there?" I asked in surprise.

"I was standing here when I heard the door open. Nistha called and told me everything. Why did you hide it from me?" Mom asked with a sad look.

After putting my shoe on the shelf, I rushed towards mom and hugged her. She stroked my back as she said, "Mom has prepared your favourite tea and snacks. Let's sit in the dining room."

Mom's hugs and voice always calmed me down. We spent the afternoon talking in the dinner room while enjoying snacks and tea made by my mother.

In the conversation I also told her about Ruhi. And what surprised me more was the answer that came our of her mouth. Her answer was same as Shivansh's. I never have guessed that my meek and yielding mother would give such a blod answer.

Maybe she was fed up with all the bullying that Ruhi and her were family were doing. I understood how she felt. She certainly couldn't bear to see her family suffer.

However at the end of our conversation, before I went into my room, she said, "Abhira, if you don't feel comfortable working for them quit amd don't push yourself. I just want to see you happy."

Tears immediately, flowed out of my eyes. I cried like a child in my mother's arms. I believed I could and I was strong.

Long story short, seven o'clock came. Just before Shivansh knocked on my apartment door, I was already out of my bedroom. That night I wore a black mindless, a jeans jacket, black boots, amd a black sling bag. The outfit that I wore didn't suggest that I was a fan of black colour. I just wanted to wear all black that night.

"Abhira, Shivansh is here." Mom called from the doorway.

"Okay, I'm ready." I replied as I kissed Abhimaan on his cheeks. "Don't stay up too late."

"Okay mom. Have fun, I love you." Abhimaan replied.

"Love you too." I replied amd walked towards the entrance, waving goodbye to him.

After saying goodbye to mom amd Abhimaan, we hurried downstairs and got into Shivansh's car. Before, he started the engine she asked, "Are you ready for a splendid party?"

"We are just going to a bar, right?" I aksed.