A Splash of Coffee

Start from the beginning

Jin looked shocked when the lawyer raised his voice. He couldn't deny that a part of him was curious about this dominant side of his personality. For some reason, Jin didn't picture Namjoon as being so cut-throat in his job. He was like a well-sharpened blade with his words and Jin liked seeing that...

"So, you are saying that infidelity is worth twice the alimony, correct?" Namjoon tapped the back of his pen against the table.

"Yes," both Suzy and Mark replied. 

"Then, using your reasoning, any infidelity on the part of your client would have to be held against her. correct?"

Mark sighed. "What are you suggesting?"

"That the soon-to-be ex-Mrs.Kim did a little couch time on her own with the company accountant." Namjoon said, which only prompted Jin to smile and sit back to watch the show. 

"That's not true." Suzy looked flustered.

"Well, I've talked with Mr. Wang and he's willing to testify."

Mark looked at his client and back to Jin in disbelief. The CEO showed a fake look of pity on his handsome face. 

"I have very loyal employees..." Jin nodded. "I think it's the health plan benefits that keep them on my side."

"Yes, the health plan is excellent," Namjoon added with a smile on his face.

Jin tucked a strand of hair behind his ear. "Aw, thank you." 

"In all seriousness," Namjoon looked back at a defeated Mark and a fuming Suzy. "We will not agree to pay any of the alimony-"

"We will pay the alimony." Jin interrupted. "Plus $100,000.00... and a very generous property settlement, if you sign one of those little documents releasing me from any further obligation."

Namjoon was about to throw the paper folder at the CEO's head. But before he could do any of that, Suzy stood up. Her cheeks were red and her hand was shaking. 

"You son of a bitch!"

"um, let's watch our language or you will not get the Gangnam estate, Mrs. Kim"

"Don't you ever call me that!" Suzy slammed both hands on the table, staring directly at the young lawyer. "He does the same with women, you're nothing special! He's just using you because you're just another one of his stupid bimbos!"

Jin stood up. "Suzy, stop. He is far from stupid and if I'm honest he is far more pleasant to look at than you are-"

Suzy threw the cup of coffee she had been given earlier at Namjoon. She was about to launch forward to slap Jin but Mark stopped her. 

 "Seriously? What did I do?" Namjoon clenched his jaw, wiping the coffee off his face roughly. "The one time I wear my good suit."

"Gosh, Are you Alright?" Jin held Namjoon's hand gently which surprised the younger. He stared at Namjoon up and down as if to check that his words were true, feeling concerned for the lawyer even though Suzy was the one screaming. 

"It wasn't hot, don't worry." Namjoon broke eye contact, not wanting to show his nervousness at their sudden closeness. But soon enough, his eyes were back on Jin's caring gaze as the CEO moved his hand to cup Namjoon's cheek, wiping away some drops the lawyer had missed. 

Naturally, Namjoon's heart rate increased, and his eyes opened wide, unexpecting.  

"Oh no, you are turning red," Jin said to Namjoon, who was at a loss for words. "Are you allergic to coffee? sweetener? Milk?" 

Namjoon shook his head, knowing very well that the cause of his red cheeks was not induced by allergies. 

"Don't panic, I'll get you water after this." Jin pulled out a handkerchief from his front pocket and gave it to Namjoon. He continued ignoring Suzy as he grabbed the lawyer's hand and guided him out of his seat. "Let's go,"

Namjoon covered his pink cheeks with his free hand. "Ok," was all that Namjoon could say in his flustered state while Jin led the way out of the office. 

 At this point, Namjoon was sure that his heartbeat could be heard in the whole building. His cheeks wouldn't stop heating up; just the sight of Jin's hand over his wrist was enough to get him to blush again. Was this...? Namjoon shook his head at the silly idea. He had liked men before but this wasn't any man. This was Kim Seokjin, the heir to Kim Enterprises. He had told his friends he wouldn't change his ideals, and that included his negative concept of Seokjin.

What the hell is wrong with me?

.

.

.

.

Double update, yay! I just couldn't hold myself from writing this idea. Aren't they such a power couple. *giggles*. 

Here is what Bae Suzy looked like in the meeting. (She has the right to be angry tho)

 (She has the right to be angry tho)