The Conqueror of Flames

Začať od začiatku

Gazel: ...How unfortunate. I am saddened by the fact I have lost what I thought to have been a loyal retainer.

Vesta: But, how can you say such a thing?! Kaijin... he turned you down! He swore his allegiance to some monsters! He was never loyal to you, he cared only for himself!

Gazel: Enough. I fear you may be misunderstood me... Kaijin isn't the loyal retainer I've lost.

Vesta stared at Gazel for a moment before a look of horrified realization came over him.

Gazel: Once upon a time, I have great hopes for you. I waited years after the failure of the magisoldier project. I wanted the truth, but I'm tired of waiting!

Vesta: P-Please sir! Your majesty I swear-

Gazel: It's too late for excuses! Look what he has.

Vesta turned to the judge who was holding a vial of recovery potion.

Gazel: Do you know what that is? A potion. A draft of full recovery made out of Hipokute herbs.

Vesta: It can't be... even with the most advance of technology... a potion can only achieve ninety-eight percent recovery! How... is this possible?

Gazel: It was a gift... from that Slime! Furthermore, his companion had not only instantly gotten rid of the armorsaurus attacking our mines, but personally saw that our soldiers were safe and sound to recovery from their wounds and even cleared out the further reaches of more monsters.

He stood, glaring at the now trembling minister.

Gazel: Thanks to your actions, we've severed all connections with those monsters. A Slime that can make complete recovery potions like their nothing and a Demi-Human that could instantly eliminate rank B monsters like their nothing. Are you sure there's nothing you'd like to say to me Vesta?!

Vesta: ...No sir... I have nothing... to say.

Vesta then fell to his knees as tears began to flow down his cheeks.

Vesta: All I ever wanted... was to be of use to you. Ever since I first saw you when I was a little boy... it had always been my dream. And yet I failed to do just that... all because I envied Kaijin. For betraying your great expectations... I seek forgiveness!

Gazel: ...Vesta, never show your face to me again. However, I do have one final thing to say before you leave... Thank you for your work!

Outside Dwargon:

Kaido: This is it, take care of yourself out there.

Kaijin: Sorry for all the trouble. You take care too.

Kaido: Hmm. Listen Blake, Rimuru, look after my bro.

Rimuru: Don't worry, we'll only work him to death.

Blake: If that's even possible to begin with.

He smiled at us before putting on his act as head of security to announce our sentence.

Kaido: Alright! By order of his majesty! Kaijin and his companions have been exiled from this country! You are to leave here at once!

With that, the gates to Dwargon shut before us as we made our way into the forest to meet backup with the rest of our group.

The overall goal for recruiting artisans for the Goblins village had been achieved.

...Why does it feel like we're forgetting something?

Gazel's POV:

Gazel stood outside the court house when an Elf dressed in black assassin-like gear appeared behind him.