How Not To Become The Empress

"May the blessings of the Goddess be with the Imperial Family. I am Emris Fallow, the daughter of His Grace, Duke Fallow."

Emris sweetly spoke as she bowed her head to Stephen and Ashton. Stephen's heart fluttered from Emris's adorable manner as he lifted the corners of his mouth, beaming a hearty smile. At the same time, Ashton continued coldly staring at Emris without saying anything. He looked as though he had been trapped in his thoughts, but it was hard to tell from his indifferent demeanor.

There he is, the man I need to keep the most distance from, Emperor Ashton Radomir. His cold stare is frightening; I can already feel my heart tensing up. Let's just ignore him and focus on Emris' Father. She thought, gulping the ball of saliva stuck in her throat and shifting her attention.

Once she fixed her stare on Warin, he wandered over and interlocked her hands with his. "I'm glad you made it, Emris, but did something happen that delayed your arrival?" The theoretical idea of his daughter getting hurt brought despair to his expression.

An uplifting aura emitted from her, curing her father of his darkened state. "Don't worry, Father, it was nothing concerning. The carriage encountered a problem before arriving at the manor, so my departure took longer than expected." Emris explained.

"Well then, I'm relieved nothing happened, and you arrived safely." He caressed Emris's shoulder, treasuring her smile, wishing it to be engraved into his mind.

"Ahem, pardon me, but Warin, aren't you forgetting your promise?" Stephen pretended to clear his throat to butt into the moment. His eyes were star-struck when looking at Emris as if she was a rare portrait of beauty seen once in a lifetime.

"Alright, Alright, I've heard you, Stephen." Warin wrapped his arm around Emris, presenting her forth to Stephen. "Emris...this is Stephen Julius Radomir, the Grand Emperor of the Imperial Empire and also my friend since childhood. Stephen, this is my beloved daughter, Emris Fallow."

In her eyes, a man who shed not an ounce of callousness. His beaming smile brings life to even the soulless of beings. Like a stuffed animal, he appeared to be fuzzy on the inside just as she appeared on the outside. Emris laid down her guard, allowing herself to be reeled in by Stephen, thinking it would be fine.

"An honor it is to be in your presence, Your Imperial Majesty. May the Goddess's blessings keep you in good health always." Emris held her hand to her chest, slightly bowing her head, a smile of grandeur on her face. Thankfully, winning over the Grand Emperor won't be difficult, considering his friendly and bubbly personality. Still, the overpowering chill belonging to the Emperor is growing.

"It's an honor to finally meet you, Lady Fallow; I've heard much about you from your father. He always spoke of his kindhearted daughter and how much he cared about her." Stephen babbled, getting exceedingly comfortable around Emris.

"I had no idea of my father's words; thank you for sharing this with me, Your Majesty. I am grateful for my caring father. He is the reason why I have grown to be the person he speaks of." Emris joined in Stephen's babble, influenced by his infectious smile.

That's adorable! I can't believe Emris' father always bragged about her. She side-eyed Emris's father, and with an immediate glance, she could see the imaginary tears overflowing his delighted eyes.

Warin smiled and relaxed as he saw the sparkling vision of his daughter, knowing that he need not worry about her being locked in the manor any longer.

"Are you enjoying the Ball so far, my dear?" Stephen asked, his starry violet eyes eagerly awaiting her answer.

With a beaming angel smile, Emris pierced his heart and responded, "Yes, Your Majesty! The lively chatter of others and enchanting scenery is a nice change of pace. It feels no different from a dream."