Light up your star

Stars...

The stars are beautiful.

It's not every day that you have the opportunity to enjoy the magical sparkle of the night sky, shrouded in the mysterious silence of the night city.

At such moments, all thoughts are absorbed by the vast universe, making the heart tremble, looking enchanted at oneself. You feel like the same star - small and inconspicuous in a huge galaxy, but incredibly brilliant and enchanting...

The moment is especially magical when another one appears next to the star. How is this possible? It couldn't have come from anywhere!

It also appeared unexpectedly in life and made it even more sparkling, like him...

Kage laughed at his snotty thoughts, once again thanking the universe for not saying it out loud. The night breeze pleasantly blew across his blushed face while the boy fidgeted uncomfortably on the grass.

"You know..." He said quietly and a little hoarsely. "I'm glad that sometimes we can... sit like this?" Kage chuckled awkwardly. "I mean enjoy the silence and maybe... each other?" He looked over at Dan, who was lying next to him on the grass.

In response, he received not very soulful snoring sounds.

"Oh for f-" Kage pinched Dan to wake him up. "Wake up, you lazy bastard! Can't you be awake for one moment?!"

"I'm not gay, mom!" Dan sat up abruptly, muttering unrelated nonsense in a half-asleep and looked around chaotically. "Ah, phew... Why do you even interfere in my dreams?" He chuckled embarrassedly, not paying attention to his boyfriend's burning gaze.

"You idiot! This is our date, not a stupid dream, you moron!" Kage pouted, trying to look angry rather than upset. "... You fell asleep when we were stargazing, dumbass."

"Oh, sorry..." Dan awkwardly scratched the back of his head and bit his lip. "I didn't do it on purpose, I just... Um..." He grinned stupidly. "You just started talking some nonsense about the universe, fate and all that... This just knocked me out!"

"Right. I should've known that you could care less about this romantic stuff." Kage rolled his eyes and turned away, leaning his head against an old oak tree.

"Hey!" Dan squeaks in annoyance. "Are you offended? Seriously?..." He sighed and put his hand on Kage's shoulder. "You know that I love you, right?"

"Uh-huh..." Kage mumbled, still keeping his eyes away from Dan.

Dan took an even deeper breath and quickly and embarrassedly began to think through his next plan of action. He carefully hugged Kage's waist from behind with trembling hands, afraid to anger him even more.

Kage froze as Dan grabbed him, his heart suddenly beating faster. His breath hitched as he felt a strange warmth in his chest. After a few seconds, he turned his head around to meet Dan's eyes. There was nothing but a beautiful scenery, the silent city and a pair of bright stars above.

Dan smiled tenderly looking at him.

"You're cute..."

"Shut up..." He turned away again.

"You're really hard to understand." He chuckled awkwardly. "Do you want lovey-dovey shit or not?"

"Shut... up..."

"Ugh..." Dan frowned in embarrassment. "Are you forcing me to make my own decisions, huh? Well then..." He chuckled quietly and tentatively pulled Kage closer to him by the waist, hugging him tighter.

Kage was now in a semi-panic mode. He didn't want Dan to see how much this affected him- but he couldn't help making a small squeak of surprise when he was suddenly pulled closer.

Dan rested his head on his shoulder smugly.

"By the way, Kage?"

"Hm?"

"You don't stink." He smiled.

"... What does that even mean? What the hell do you mean, 'you don't stink'?!" His voice sounded both embarrassed and irritated.

"What?" Dan chuckled in surprise. "You're a punk, aren't you?"

"Yeah?" He raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Well, so?" Dan sighed in irritation. "Isn't that the point? As I know, punks don't wash... only if they douse themselves with beer."

Kage paused, then burst out laughing.

"Whew, really? Punks don't wash? I mean..." He covered his laugh with his hand. "I'm sure there's some punks that do that... but are you seriously thinking that I don't wash??"

"I was just assuming! These were fears!" Dan mumbled nervously on Kage's shoulder. "I complimented you, but you're dissatisfied as always!"

"...you're annoying." Kage let out a quiet giggle, still sitting with back to him. "Thanks for the compliment, I guess."

"Oh, I see you've become more cheerful!" Dan blushed, flattered. "Would you like another compliment?" He hugged him tighter.

"What, so you can make me blush again and give me false hope for all that romance crap?" The Kage tried to look still irritated, not wanting to admit that he liked it.

"Shut up, idiot!" Dan was embarrassed by the teasing. "Do you want a compliment or not?"

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead." Kage paused for a bit, thinking to himself. "I dare you to make me blush."

"Oh... so this is a challenge?"

"Yep. I dare you to make me embarrassed enough by complimenting me. It's not like you'll succeed in it anyway." The boy tried to speak with a serious, proud tone, hiding his insistent excitement.

"Um, okay...uh..." Dan buried his nose in Kage's shoulder and began to think.

Kage let out a quiet giggle and tried to suppress a smile. He knew that there was no chance that this would work, but the way Dan began to think over how he would make him blush. It was almost adorable.

"Oh, I know!" Dan suppressed a laugh. "You'll definitely blush, hehe." Smug.

"Just try me."

"This is the best one." Dan grunted and then inhaled, tried to sound as serious as possible. "I didn't mind if your face and butt switched places... because I love looking at both." And burst out laughing.

"... What the f-"

Kage froze up, his face immediately burning up in the brightest shade of red. For the next few seconds he remained silent and didn't utter a word, before letting out the loudest and weirdest laugh of his life.

His laugh was so awkward and hysterical that he was practically in tears.

Dan continued to chuckle into his shoulder.

"See, I made you not only blush, but also laugh!" He proudly closed his eyes and rested his cheek on Kage's neck. "Any romance sucks compared to your boyfriend's superiority."

"Ha! Yeah, you're right!" Kage finally didn't hide his high spirits. "I mean, who would want some pathetic and corny phrases said to them? Gross."

"Oh yeah!" Dan sincerely smiled that they were on the same wavelength. "Let's kiss now or something." He casually rolled his eyes, smiling.

Kage had been wanting to kiss Dan ever since they settled down by the oak tree. He playfully laughed and pulled away, now leaning back and lying down on the grass and looking up at the night sky above.

Dan carefully hovered over him, blocking the sky view, and gently leaned lower towards him.

Kage didn't hesitate this time around. After Dan got as close and as low as possible, Kage reached up and placed his hands on either side of Dan's face, before pulling the both of them closer together and locking their lips. Kage leaned into the kiss, wanting to stay that way for as long as possible.

Having finished the kiss, Dan pulled away and plopped down next to Kage on the grass, chuckled and muttering.

"There. We even kissed. So romance stuff completed."

Those two stars in the sky lit up even brighter.