I called Jung Yiheon, who was going somewhere with a vase.

“Where are you going?”

“I won’t go far.”

Who said I’m worried about you disappearing? I ruffled my hair and pointed to a chair.

“Please have a seat.”

It was time for an interrogation.

_______________________

Jung Yiheon sat down without rebelling, and I pulled his hand.

“Han Chasoo-ssi?”

“Hush.”

I was worried that I was being bugged, so I took notes. I knew Chae Raha was favoring me, but it couldn’t hurt to be careful.

- I’ll talk like this.

Jung Yiheon seemed surprised for a moment but nodded calmly. I slowly asked questions using his large hand as a drawing paper.

For example, what happened after breaking the orb? Vacation is a lie and threatened to be here. And Ki Tae-yeon is safe and can I communicate with the outside world.

Why no answers.’

I asked many questions, but there was no answerback. I looked up while waiting for his answer, placing my hands on top of his palms. Then, without realizing it, he shook his shoulders.

The red eyes stared back at him.

“…are you curious about anything else?”

“What?”

“Something about yourself, Han Cha-soo.”

I was surprised by the content more than the sudden nurturing. If my memory wasn’t wrong, it would have been the first thing he would have asked.

- Didn’t I just ask you what happened, and that’s the answer?

I reached out my hand toward him. Jung Yiheon sighed as he looked down at the pale palms.

“I wonder if you were threatened, but the bruises on your hands are fine.”

“…?”

“Why is your fever going up and down and your convulsions won’t stop? What are the bruises on your every single limb, and whose blood is on the pillowcase… Isn’t that what you should be asking?”

It’s not whether Ki Tae-yeon or I’m safe or not.

My eyes turned round at the words of Jung Yiheon continued.

“Why do you worry about everyone else but yourself….”

I couldn’t say anything at the sadness in his voice. I rubbed his forearm vigorously but was stopped by Jung Yiheon.

“The veins burst from the inside. They say it’s a stabilizer side effect. Don’t touch it.”

“Oh.”

That’s why my arms and legs were covered with bruises. I pursed my lips and muttered to myself.

A small sigh escaped my lips as I rubbed my throbbing chest.

I rubbed my throbbing chest with my hand, and Jung Yiheon asked me eagerly.

“Does your chest hurt too?”