Chapter 6

"Ray.." Niall said again.

"Huh?" I said, a little dazed.

"We need to go." 

Niall grabbed my hand and pulled me back into the sweaty atmosphere of the night club. We made our way back to the booth and quickly got our jackets. I made eye contact with Abby and could only give her sympathetic look before I was being pulled away again by Niall. 

We weaved through the crowded club, it was hard to hold on to Niall. My fingers slipped out of his as I let out a yelp from some drunk guys hold.

"Dance with me," he slurred and held my hips. I gasped as his hands found my bum.

"Back off," Niall growled, stepping in between the guy and I, placing his hand on the drunks' chest and pushing him, ultimately causing the guy to fall back.

Niall then wrapped his arm around me protectively, ensuring I wouldn't leave his side. We exited the club and started walking back quickly. I looked up and saw his car in the distance. There were a couple of guys standing near it, I think there was a total of four.

"Shit," Niall mumbled and pulled me into a side alley. We stood there with our backs against the wall.

"Who was that Niall?" I asked him, although I was pretty sure I already knew the answer.

"Uhh...Alex's friends..." Niall mumbled, confirming my assumption.

"So what are we gonna do?" I whispered, after a moment of silence. Niall peaked around the corner from behind the wall then moved back and stared at the ground.

"We can go to my place...its not far from here." He whispered, keeping his gaze towards the floor. My eyes grew wide.

"No."

His head shot up and he glared at me.

"Alright," he said dimming his eyes, "Then I guess I'll just go get the car..." he said through gritted teeth and started to walk over.

"No!" I said quickly, grabbing his arm.

I squeezed my eyes shut. "Fine," I said and let out a breath. "Your place," I looked up into his eyes, holding his gaze. I watched as his face softened and a smirk appeared.

"Come on," Niall whispered, grabbing my hand and walking quickly down the alley, in the opposite direction of where his car was.

~

Niall slipped the key into the knob and opened the door. I stood there, taking in the scene.

"You coming?" Niall asked with a small chuckle. I nodded and stepped inside. The door closed behind me and goosebumps spread across my skin at the sudden realization that I was completely alone with Niall.

"Hey," Niall said and gently caressed my arm. "It's okay," he said, noting my hesitancy. I forced a smile and slipped my heels off.

"I'm gonna, uh, call Morgan...let her know where I am..." I said. He nodded and walked away, giving me some privacy.

"Hello?" Morgan answered.

"Hey, its me."

"Hey! Is everything okay?" she asked.

"Uhh yeah, well..."

"What happened?!"

"There was a small incident and uh, I'm sort of staying over Niall's." 

"WHAT?!" she yelled. I winced and held the phone out, far from my ear.

"Yeah, listen I'll explain later, can you just please cover for me?"