Chapter 2

“Morning Rayna baby,” My mom said as I walked downstairs, still in my pjs. I greeted her back and gave her a smile which quickly faltered after I rounded the corner and saw an unexpected guest sitting at the kitchen counter. I froze in my tracks and received a cocky smile from the unwanted visitor.

“Uhm Mom, what…”

“Ohh, yes, this sweet young man was at the party with you last night, did you know that?” My mom asked.

“Uhm well yeah..”

“He found your phone and was kind enough to bring it back for you.” I tilted my head in confusion,

“My phone….?” I said then had a flashback to the kiss last night and Nialls hands on my hips...That sneaky bitch. I glared at him as he held up my phone.

“I would have called but…” Niall started,

“...but you couldn’t have, obviously,” my Mom finished for him and laughed. What was she doing. Didn’t she know what this boy does…

“Ray?” My mom said and gave me a look.

“What??” I said annoyed.

“Aren’t you gonna thank this kind boy?” She asked and gestured toward Niall, who had a big grin on his face. I rolled my eyes and murmured a thank you.

“Good! Now sit down, breakfast is almost ready!” She said. I let out a deep breath and objectively took a seat next to Niall. He gave me a cheeky smile and handed me my phone. I growled at him and took it. He laughed and turned back to my mother.

“Thanks for inviting me for breakfast Mrs. Connors,” Niall said.

“Of course!” My mom said, "but please call me Carol."

I felt a cool hand touch my knee and I jumped a bit. I looked at Niall with wide eyes. He ignored me and gept his gaze ahead, acting like nothing was happening. However, I saw a small smirk hidden in the corners of his mouth.

“Blueberry pancakes! Your favorite!” My mom said and placed a stack in front of me. Nialls hand slid up my thigh more and I jumped a little in my seat.

“Thank you!” I said to my mom, a bit too excited. She gave me a weird look then placed a stack in front of Niall.

“Oh thank you Carol, they look delicious,” Niall said. He removed his hand from my thigh and began to eat the pancakes “Ooohh, so good,” he said.  Mom laughed and shook her head. I made a face, I was not liking what was going on...

Niall turned and stared at me as I ate.

"What?!" I snapped, annoyed by his gazing.

He chuckled and said, "Go out with me tonight."

"Is that your way of asking me on a date?" He smiled cheekily at me.

"No," I said, flat out. Niall looked down and gloomily.

"Ray!" My mom said, startling me. "Come over here," she said sternly. I gave Niall a weary look and got up to walk over to my mom. She pulled me outside the kitchen.

"Why would you say no!?" She whisper yelled.

"Because I don't want to go out on a date with him!" I whispered back.

"Nonsense, Niall's a sweet heart," My mom said. Great. Niall had my mom swoon, making her think he was the sweetest boy in town. Little did she know, I thought.

I groaned, realizing I wasn't going to win this fight with my mom, "Fine!"  I said in defeat.

I walked back into the kitchen and sat down next to Niall. I turned to face him, "Niall," I said and looked at my mom. She nodded and waited for me to go on. I rolled my eyes and proceeded.

"Niall," I said again, "I would love to go out with you tonight," I lied. His face brightened up,

"Great!" he said with a huge grin.

"Oh this'll be just wonderful!" My mom said clapping her hands.

The two of them began to plan out our date as I finished my blueberry pancakes. I couldn't believe my mom was forcing me to go out with him.

"Well, I've got to get going, thanks again Carol," Niall said with a charming smile. He got up from the stool and placed a kiss on my cheek, my mom gushed and had the goofiest smile on her face.

"Awwww!" she said, "Ray! Don't be rude! Walk Niall out," she encouraged. I looked up and saw Niall smirking down at me.

As soon as the kitchen door closed Nialls hand found my ass, giving it a quick pinch. I gasped and hit him. He chuckled and grabbed my hands so I couldn't strike again. I let out a breath of defeat and stood there, like a criminal with my hands in cuffs.

"I can't stop thinking about that kiss..." Niall whispered, leaning in close to me. I blushed and looked away. He chuckled, "You too, ehh?" I whipped my head back to face him and gave him a look. He looked back at me with one eyebrow cocked up. One half of his mouth curved up in a side smirk, "I knew it," he said. Niall let go of his grip on me and turned on his heels towards the door. "So I'll text you when I'm here...around 7," Niall said. I nodded, not really paying attention to what he was saying. I heard him chuckle and I looked back. "Here," he said, "You'll need this...I already put my number in, see ya later." I took my phone and glared at him, he laughed. "Where something sexy," he said with a wink.