Meet Jessica

Meet Jessica Del Rio a.k.a. JessicaStrums on a popular video portal. She lives alone in an apartment with a cat named Kitty as a companion. Recently axed from a full-time job due to a conflict with one of her superiors in the office, she is now trying to make ends meet by working as a virtual assistant for a US based client referred by her cousin Pocholo.

"I highly suggest that you take this job seriously. You don't need to deal with nosy office mates and you're safer at home." Pocholo said.

"Thanks, dude. I couldn't tolerate all the gossips circulating in the building and that manager is hallucinating that I like him. He's not my type and he is married with four children!" Jessica continues "I'd rather make love to my guitar than touch that horrible person."

On her spare time, Jessica writes her own songs. She taught herself how to play the guitar when she was in high school, but she never performed in school programs. She took up a Travel Management course in college, but dropped out during second semester because of financial problems. To cope up with stress, she kept writing songs. All in all, she was able to write 150 songs in English and Tagalog. The introvert in her is stopping her from performing onstage. Only Pocholo and two more close pals knows about it.

One day, Jessica just thought of creating her own video channel and uploaded a cover of the 90's hit "I'm Only Happy When It Rains" by Garbage.

"Hmmm... this isn't bad. I should record some more and just post it without anyone noticing." she tells herself.

In just a span of two weeks, she managed to upload do an acoustic cover of Courtney Love's "Malibu" and "Goin' Down", which was sung by Melanie C, her favorite Spice Girl.

Although the songs are considered classics in terms of the original release date, the fans of the artists are constantly searching for covers.

From zero views, her videos received 10,000 hits on the third week.

"This is crazy! Why would anyone even listen to my covers?" she asked Pocholo when he dropped by her place to visit one time night.

"You're a good singer, cousin. I was surprised when I saw a link of your video on my Facebook feed. Why don't you upload one of your original songs just for the heck of it? Who knows, someone might discover you and buy rights to your song. You will be rich and you'll give me some money!" Pocholo said kiddingly.

"Stop it! That will never happen. First of all, I am not pretty. I am a boring person."

"You're beautiful, but yeah, you're boring! I'll bring Precy here to give you a makeover! Damn, you're even hotter than Angel Locsin!" Pocholo suggested.

"Okay... that's too much! Are you drunk?"