"Because I don't want to fall in love with anyone else."

He stared into my eyes, finding the root feeling of my words. He cupped my face in his hands. "You don't want to be hurt, that's okay. I understand. But, Evelyn," He shook his head, "I'm in love with you and that's not changing." His eyes darted to my lips. "What if we tried it out?" He looked up to my eyes again.

My skin burned hot where he touched. The intensity of his feelings were radiating off of him. My heart was beating against my ribcage, making it hard for me to breathe. His nose brushed against mine as he leaned closer. He could hardly contain himself. A soft whine left his lips.

I let my eyes fall shut as his lips brushed against mine. Chills rushed through my body. I tensed up at the feeling. My mind went blank. The only thing I could think was: oh. my. god. I didn't know what to do with my hands. He pulled me closer, kissing me deeper. His lips moved slowly against mine.

I moved my hands to his chest, sliding to his shoulders. He slid his left hand further back, his fingertips brushing against my scalp. His other hand moved to my waist. I gripped his shirt tightly, pulling myself closer.

My body was riddled with need. Need for Ryan. Something I had never had a need for. In this way, of course. The way his kiss and his touch and his words consume me fill me with more than just need. It's desire. It's lust.

His lips separated from mine, and I gasped for air. I didn't open my eyes for a minute. I found my way out of the moment we were in. I opened my eyes and looked up from his shirt to his eyes. He stared back into mine.

My ringing phone brought me out of our locked stare. I looked at the coffee table. Damon. I pulled away from Ryan and grabbed my phone. I answered the call and put the phone to my ear. "What?"

"Get over here."

I furrowed my brows. "Why?"

"If you don't, I'll come to you. Do you want that instead?"

"I'll be there in 15."

"Make it 10."

I rolled my eyes. He ended the call. I looked at Ryan. "I have to go." I stood up.

"I'll go with you."

I shook my head, "No. It's something dangerous."

"And you can go?"

I pushed my hand back through my hair. "I've dealt with things like this before. Damon wouldn't call me over if he knew I would get hurt. If things get out of hand, I'll have them to stop me from getting hurt. No one will be able to protect you."

"I'm fine with that risk."

"I'm not."

He furrowed his brows. "Does that mean..."

I looked to the side. "Yeah." I looked at him. "We can try this."

A smile crossed his face. "So, we're like... boyfriend and girlfriend?"

I shrugged, "Yeah."

He nodded once. "Okay."

I put my hand on his leg. "I have to go."

He put his hand on mine. "Be safe."

"I will."

I stared at him for a few minutes before getting up. I put on my shoes then grabbed my coat and keys before leaving.

Snow was falling slowly on the ground, coating it.

I got out of the car and walked to the door. I didn't bother knocking. I shut the door. I turned to face the living room which contained Stefan.