Chapter 11: Devastation, Hagrid's guilt & Spiders

Tom walked alone on his way to the Slytherin stands for the quidditch match soon to begin; Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff. Still Bruna was absent, and still paranoia and fear etched itself into the pits of Tom's stomach -- especially after Harry's room had been tarnished, and the diary gone.

   There too was the 'revelation' that Hagrid was one who opened the chamber all those years ago; yet, as Tom knew it to be, Hagrid was in no way the culprit. But attention -- far more than was needed -- founded itself within that book. 

   Harry had asked for an extension of time with the diary before loosing it, and under current curiousness about his connection to the book by Ron and Hermione (as it was found out that one 'Tom Riddle' had stopped Hagrid and closed the chamber of secrets) Tom could hardly refuse. By now, he bitterly regretted that. The book was now at large, and Tom hadn't a clue where it was. 

   'he looks exactly like you' Harry said.

   It seemed to be only a matter of time before they knew who his father was -- and then not long, surely, until they found out he was Voldemort. The thought made the boy sick to his stomach. What a terrible fate.

   Yet the voice hadn't spoke to him in so long, and neither had the chamber been opened. Perhaps the damned heir had finally lost their nerve, and book wasn't as important as Tom once thought it was; he bloody well hoped so. But he doubted it. 

   'Tom? Tom!' said Ron, catching up with him with Hermione next to him.

   The boy nodded; 'Ron, Hermione. How's Harry doing?' he asked.

   'he's good. Got a lot more confidence in his broom work, which is to be expected bearing in mind the usability of the nimbus 2000 -- that is of course also taking into account --'

   'Ronald; you were going to ask him something' Hermione said, as bossy as always.

   The ginger shook his head, chuckling. 'right...right. Me and Hermione were --'

   The girl elbowed the sides of the boy.

   'sorry. I was wondering if you'd like to join us the Gryffindor stands? it'd be nice for Harry to see us all together, I think' Ron said.

   Tom made a small smile, before looking toward Hermione who seemed suddenly interested in the grass below her feet. Tom smirked, turning to Ron; 'I'd love to, mate' 

   The boy lit up. 'really?! I thought you'd refuse being so proud a Slytherin but --' 

   'Well, it'd be for Harry's benefit, no?' the boy said, staring at Hermione teasingly, who frowned at him.

   'so long as he doesn't gloat for a marginal victory over me in the last transfiguration essay... then he may come' said Hermione, to Ron -- as if Tom wasn't there.

   The ginger rolled his eyes; 'just because of a mark? come on, Hermione, you were bound to be beaten eventually --'

   'let us go, Ron?' said Tom, stopping Ron from saying something rather stupid. Hermione kept frowning at Tom. 

   'right then...'

   The trio eventually got up to the Gryffindor stands, Tom proudly flaunting the Slytherin coat of arms on his cloak and green tie amongst the snarling Gryffindors. 

   Settling down in the stands, the crowd by now entirely gathered, they waited patiently for the players to come out.

   Tom was about to converse with Parvati Patil -- who'd been staring at him throughout his time in the Gryffindor stands, before Hermione rushed to her feet, shouting: