Departure

Ky.

From the front door, I couldn't hear her sobs any longer, but there was a light coming from under the bathroom door. 

Dropping my bags, I ran up the stairs to see if she was alright. I heard the faint rattling of a pill bottle. She was trying to open it, but she didn't ever take pills. The film was ripped off, it was a new, full bottle of pills... Her sobbing stopped as she turned on the water for the tub. She couldn't be taking a bath right now, which meant...

No, she can't go out this way, the bright and happy Ky would not die this way. "Ky! Please open the door!!"

The only response I got was the sound of splashing water. The faucet was turned off, and she climbed in.

I repeatedly kicked the door near the handle, but it wouldn't budge. There was no other way to get in, the sturdy wooden door wouldn't break. I was just wasting time, but there was only one way in. 

Magic.

I know I said no more magic, but I had to do this. I had to do this for Ky. I can't let her die. Placing my hand firmly on the door, I walked through. The queasy feeling in my gut let me know why I hated using the magic. Whenever Ky went out to see Cody and LeAnne, I stayed home...

Cody.

No, you can't be thinking about him, he's the reason you're in this disaster. You need to think about Ky.

Ky...

When I was fully though the door, I knew it was too late.

Ky sat in the bathtub, shirt soaked with tears. The water was stained with blood. In one hand, she held a now empty bottle of Advil. In the other hand, she held a razor blade. Her wrists were torn up and soaked with blood,  I could faintly see her bare thighs through the murky water. They were cut up too.

On the floor, next to a puddle of blood, was a note labeled Vivian. Picking it up, I froze. This was her suicide note.

Vivian, I know this is going to be hard for you. I'm so sorry for what I did earlier, it wasn't fair. I can't yell at you for loving someone else. I know you don't love me, but I love you Vivian, and that's why I did this. So you wouldn't have to care about what I felt anymore. I know your life will be so much better with me gone, so don't worry about me. I just want you to be happy. Go, be happy with Cody. Just remember, I will always love you, I will always love you Vivian. Always.

 ♥, Ky

My tears soaked the paper in my hand. She couldn't be gone. 

"Ky!! God- Ky please!" I begged her body to wake up. Checking the pulse, I begged for a heartbeat.

Nothing.

Not even a single movement came from her corpse. Blood dripped from her wrist to the ground, and every splash echoed in my ears. 

Ky killed herself because of me. There was no one to blame, but me.

"Ky..." It was time to say it. I had always denied it before, but I had to say it now. There was nothing here to stop me, and I prayed to God that she would get my message. I hadn't said it before, but that was because I was scared. Scared of the truth.

"Ky," I sobbed, longing to tell her in person, with her soul still in her body. Longing to have told her while she was still alive. "I love every dorky thing about you, I- I love you Ky. And I'm sorry I couldn't say it before."

I fell to the floor next to the bathtub holding my dead best friend. It was my fault. All my fault.