Friends and Enemies

"Okay, class," Mrs. Alkin, the science teacher, said. "Today, we'll be learning about rocks. Yaaay." She added sarcastically.

She pulled up a PowerPoint on the three types of rocks we're learning about.

"Igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary. Those are the rocks we are learning about. Igneous rocks are formed when lava cools. There are intrusive- formed in the ground- and extrusive- formed above the ground..." the teacher ranted on and on about rocks, so I gave up.

I turned in my chair to look out the window. The clouds were covering the sky, and it was gonna rain later.

"Vivian, would you like to answer my question?" Mrs. Alkin knew I wasn't paying attention.

"Made of rock fragments." Ky whispered to me.

"What?"

"That's the answer. Made of rock fragments."

"Umm, made of rock fragments?" I projected to the teacher.

"That's correct, Vivian! Sedimentary rocks are made of rock fragments, or pieces from other rocks." She continued to rant.

"Thanks Ky," Without her, I might have been sent to the office.

"Maybe you should pay attention," she smiled, knowing I wasn't going to.

I looked back out the window, knowing the teacher wouldn't bug me again. I already knew this stuff. Igneous: formed by lava. Sedimentary: rock fragments. Metamorphic: made out of other rocks that changed. Why do I remember this stuff. I don't need it in life.

The bell rang, we could finally escape science. "Bye guys, see you tomorrow."

Ky and I left the classroom so we could go to drama.

"It's not like we need drama class to have drama." Courtney was in the class, with her prep friends. Soooo fun.

We walked down stairs to the theatre. It was a big room with a stage, and it was nice for a school. As we entered, I was immediately greeted by the sound of prep laughter. Ugh.

"Omg!! She did WHAT?! Ahaha!" Courtney's fake laugh rang through  the room.

This was going to be a fun hour.

~~~~~

The teacher, Mr. Lee, had split us all into groups. Ky had most of the hard workers in her group, while I was stuck with Courtney, Brianna, Max, the preps in the class, and then there was Caleb and I.

"Mr. Lee? Can't I please be with Ky?? I cannot work with my group!!" I begged, hoping he would understand.

"I'm sorry Vivian, I can't switch your group. It's good to work with new people. I'll give you an easy topic though, that will help your problem!" He smiled apologetically and skipped off.

~~~~~

"Ew, who put the Freak in our group??" Brianna shrieked.

"Didn't you say her friend put a squirrel in your hair??" Max exclaimed. They all started gossiping as they did, and left me to work on the script for our skit. We got to do Goldielocks and the Three Bears. Easy, right? Not when your whole group refuses to do any role but Goldie.

"Guys, can I get some help-?" I tried to ask.

"If I am not Goldie, I will not work!!" Courtney always had her way and she knew it. I was tired of it.

"I am writing this stupid script so we can actually get a good grade. I choose who is Goldie." I already knew this scared her, because she knew I wouldn't pick her.