Troubles In School

We stayed the night out in the forest, LeAnne told me her story and Cody just kept being a dork. Ky looked upset, but there wasn't anything I could do...

"Have you guys thought about changing to our school?" I asked.

"Actually, yeah. My mom said there was no reason as to why I should. She doesn't understand that friends need me." LeAnne answered, sulkingly.

"Now I truly have a reason to go." Cody grabbed my hand. "I didn't know I could want to go to school so bad, but if I get to see this girl every day," he sighed. "It would be worth it."

"Hey Vivian! We actually have to go to school today, um, it starts soon, we have to get ready!" Ky said, getting anxious. "We need to get ready before we're late!"

"Oh, yeah, we do have to go..." I was sad that I had to go back to that torture. I was happy here. "Will I see you guys later?"

"Yeah, but before you guys go..." LeAnne pulled something out of her pocket. "Here. We all have one, and it will light up with your color." she handed me a necklace that was the same as all of theirs. Cody's was blue and gold, LeAnne's is a bright orange with blue sparks, and Ky's is light green. Mine flared purple.

"You.. you have no idea what this means to me..." I almost started crying.

Cody wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "Just hold onto it, surge some magic in, and think of who you want to send a message to. It's a telepathic thing I came up with. Just think of the person, who has a necklace, and think of your message. It's pretty simple."

"Thank you so much you guys."

"We have to go now.. Sorry to cut this short. I missed you two so much, and we'll see you later!!" Ky ushered me to the tiger.

"See y'all after school!" LeAnne and Cody ran off, using their powers to aid them.

I hoisted myself onto the large tiger, behind Ky, and we bolted towards the dreaded house.

~~~~~

"Here we are... It's best to avoid anything that might upset us. I'll make some parfets, and you go get ready. Sound like a plan?" She looked hopeful.

"Uhh, yeah. That works." It was strange that there were no police cars or anything outside the house.

We went inside, and I saw the blood stains on the wood where Doug and my mother were killed. Before I could cry, I ran upstairs. Just clear your mind and change the subject. What do you want to wear today? I chose a black sweater and black skinny jeans. You look like you're going to a funeral. At least the sweater has a design I guess. The sweater had a gray swirled design, it was pretty. I chose my favorite black Vans and traveled to my dresser. I looked terrible, with my hair everywhere and my makeup all over. I quickly washed my face and got my hair to lay flat.

"Parfets are done! I'm gonna get ready for school!!" Ky yelled up the stairs.

"Okay!" was my quick response. I whipped on some eyeliner and other important stuff, not paying much attention. I looked decent, that's all that mattered.

Grabbing my bag off of my desk chair, I made sure I had all my school stuff. Planner, homework folder, English and Social Studies binder, Math composition book, Science binder, pencil pouch... It looked good.

"Ky, what time does the bus come?" I yelled from my room to hers.

"Uhh, around 7:30. What time is it now?" She yelled back.

"Um... It's 7:26. Better hurry up!" I ran to my bathroom and brushed my teeth. I was spacing out today.

"Alright!!" Ky pounded on the door. "Let's go!!" I threw my toothbrush down and ran to the kitchen.

We rushed out the door to the bus stop, that was 2 blocks away.

"This-" I gasped for air. We were halfway there. "-Sucks!"

"I'm-" she gasped too. "-Sorry!"

We got there just in time, the bus stopped right as we caught our breaths. Everyone piled onto the bus, but her bus wasn't as peaceful as I thought. The kids were all yelling and throwing their papers everywhere.

"I didn't think we would have to run... Gosh that sucked!!" Ky said with her usual happy tone.

"Yeah, that wasn't fun.. Let's not do that again, okay?" A kid threw his backpack at the people next to us. Almost there. Won't have to deal with all these people anymore... but we'll have to deal with Courtney. Ugh. I started spacing out.

"Vivian, we're here." she shook my shoulder.

"Oh, thanks." rubbing my eyes, I got off of the bus.

"Thank you! Have a great day!" Ky smiled to the bus driver.

We walked towards the cafeteria, where we were going to eat our breakfast. Once we entered, I heard a loud cackle.

"Ohmigosh!!! Did you see her outfit today? It looked like she went to GoodWill and bought the ugliest thing she could find!! Ahahaha!" Courtney was yelling to the whole breakfast group.

"Great. We get to deal with her." I sighed. I really hated Courtney.

"We can sit over there," Ky pointed at the corner of the cafeteria. "If you want."

"Yeah, sure." We took our breakfasts out of our bags and we sat down.

"Whooohoo!!!" A shriek called out. "Heellllllllooo? Can you hear me over there, FREAK?!" No doubt, she was talking to me.

"It's not nice to ignore us, Freak! Come over here and talk to us!"

"Yeah! C'mon!!" I sighed and didn't even look up. I started eating my parfait.

Ky put her hand on my shoulder and shouted to the table in the center of the room. "You guys could leave her alone, you know. I don't think it would be wise to mess with her!"

"Why not? Are you gonna stand up for her?"

"Yes. Yes I am." I saw the green flicker in her eyes, and the swirls fell down off of her hands onto the floor beneath the table. What is she doing??

"Ahahaha! Don't make me laugh, kid. Have the Freak come over here, and I won't have to bug you too."

"You don't scare me."

"Oh-ho. I don't do I?" Courtney stood up, her friends ready to follow her over here. In an instant, Ky pointed at the open window and then at Courtney. A squirrel flew into the room, flying right at Courtney and her group of preps.

"IS THAT A SQ- GAHHH!!!" She screamed as the squirrel crawled through her hair, tangling it all up. It then escaped her reach as it fell into her shirt.

"C'mon, this gives us time to go." Ky and I left the cafeteria and the screaming group of preps behind.

~~~~~

"Why are you late?" Mrs. Alkin questioned me.

"Sorry, I was at breakfast." I mumbled.

"Mumbling doesn't get past me in this class! Speak up, or I'll mark you tardy."

"I was at-"

Ky cut in as she walked into the classroom. "Good morning Mrs. Alkin! I was in breakfast with Vivian." she smiled so hard I thought her cheeks were gonna tear.

"Oh hello sweetie! You were at breakfast? Okay, I almost marked you two late! Go sit now, class is starting!" she smiled. The dreaded Mrs. Alkin actually smiled. I followed Ky in shock, and sat by her.

"Thank you, Ky."

"Yeah. Okay, shh, she's gonna start teaching now." Ky pointed up front and smiled.