Bloodmadder's Insecurity

Start from the beginning

Stepping forward, Aurene barely stopped Jahad's fist from reaching Yurin by pushing the two away, maybe a little too rough, and Yurin herself had automatically stopped when she saw Aurene stepping in, albeit the momentary jolt.

"A-Aurene!" Yurin sniffled. "Jahad won't buy me my ice cream!" The girl immediately hugged Aurene's free arm while crouching, trying to garner pity by looking up with her doe eyes and making herself shorter than the brunette. "He also called me a monkey..." Yurin sniffed twice exaggeratedly.

Some people wrinkled their face in disgust at Yurin's attempt to act cute in front of the vice-prez. Especially Eduan and Jahad. Mostly Jahad.

"I said I'm sorry, didn't I?!" Jahad shouted. "And whose fault it is for twirling in the middle of the path with a melting ice cream in hand?!"

The brunette in the middle heaved in a deep sigh, hoping her poor ears can withstand a little more if Jahad decided to shout again. Right, V had to face this all alone for two months. All alone until Aurene could imagine the drained V vomiting blood and also crying tears of blood while facing the complaints of Mr. Shin as well as handling all the unique and somehow violent S Class members. Not all were violent, but still.

She can handle at least a little of this.

"Yurin, you should sit down properly when you're eating, you hear me?" Aurene turned to her close friend first. One by one with patience, Aurene. "Also, break time is almost over, so even if Jahad runs with all his might now, he won't be able to make it before Mr. Shin arrives. So, why don't we get your ice cream once the school ends?"

"Really?" the hyper girl lighted up, her previous pitiful tears all gone (and Gustang shaking his head in shame in the background). "Then it's a promise!!"

"And Jahad," Aurene turned to look at the male now that Yurin's all cheered up, on her merry way to brag to the irritated Eduan.

"What?" Jahad looked back at her with a pout, like a child who was wronged by the whole world and wanted to take revenge on everyone instead.

"I know you didn't do anything wrong from the start so drop the pout, it's disgusting," Aurene sighed, "I also know this must've been the norm in the S Class all this while, but let's refrain from resorting to violence all the time. You know not all people can't take your fists head-on, right? And my bruises still hurt," Aurene chuckled, trying to make it lighthearted. For a prideful man like Jahad, she was sure he wouldn't listen if she scolded him anyway. Let's be peaceful, peaceful~

The golden male only kept his mouth shut, but at least that pout (as well as his frown) was gone so Aurene took that as a good sign.

"Now, class will start soon, so I better clean this puddle up first," Aurene walked away to the back, missing the way Jahad tried to reach out to her. "Hendo Lok?"

The burly man flinched, as if he wasn't expecting Aurene to call his name.

"What's wrong? Can you please help me arrange the desks? They were all pushed away by the fighting earlier. Thanks in advance." It was convenient to see Hendo Lok all alone in the back of the class just when she was searching for a mop. Having another hand to help her won't be so bad. Surely these rich kids won't mind some cleaning if it's just simple tasks, right? Well, we did clean the pool before.

"Okay."

"Ah, is it alright with you? I'm sorry if I sounded too bossy," Aurene smiled, looking apologetic to the still-dazed tall man.

"No, it's fine. I will help you clean."

Later when V returned, he never stopped giving Aurene a happy and thankful look every time he made eye contact with her.