Words Are Hard

[angels pov]

"Mgh.."

My eyes flicker open , looking around a little confused. Sitting up I scratched my head , fat nugget waking up as I did so and oinking at me.

"Mornin' Nugs, Did Husk Leave?" I yawned leaning over a little to pet him , scratching behind his floppy ears. With a soft smile I used a free hand to touch my lips.

"We kissed Nugs.. he feels the same way! Mayhaps you could end up with a second daddy~" I laugh softly blushing at the thought. Fat nuggets oinked seemingly in agreement before hopping off the bed and to his food and water bowl.

"Yeh yeh , I'll feel ya now baby boy" rolling my eyes , I get out of bed and fed nuggets , petting his head as he chewed away happily. The vibrating of my phone caused my head to whip round, fear flashing through my mind as I gingerly walked over and picked it up.

A sigh of relief  escaped my mouth when I saw cherris number. Grabbing my phone up I answered.

"Hey bitch!"

Her thick Australian accent spoke through the speaker , the tone made me think that the cyclops was grinning on the other end.

"Cherri! How ya doin' baby~?" I sang back , moving to my wardrobe and debating what to wear.

"Haha , quit the small talk angie! Ya wanna meet up? Or that light chasing lowlife got ya on the sets again?"

"Weirdly enough, I have today free! I can meet!"

"Awesome , meet me in cannibal town in 2 hours , yeh? If ya late I get to pick lunch~!"

With her laughing she hung up, I rolled my eyes smiling , deciding to don my signature Blazer and shorts and black thigh high boots.

Getting changed my mind wondered once again to husk. I'd woken up in the night and watched him sleep, his face had had a worried tone about it but his arms had been wrapped around me tightly. It was pure bliss!

He likes me..
He likes meeeeee....!!!

Giggling to myself I spun round , now donning my clothes and sat down at my vanity . Beginning my make up. My eye was getting better though there was still a bit of bruising, an easy fix with some make up.

As I was Fluffing my hair out , I blew a kiss to myself in the mirror. I felt i looked good as hell today. Soon after I left my room and walked downstairs , humming to myself.

My grin got wider as I spotted husk in his usual place behind the bar , a game of solitaire in front of him , and my usual beverage waiting of me at my favourite stool.

"Mornin' husky~!" I said sitting down , I was unsure if he wanted me calling him hector in public , so I went for the safe bet.

"Mornin'..your in a good mood" he spoke in his usual monotone voice , raising an eyebrow at me , though he was donning a soft smile , small yet noticeable to me.

"Of course I am! I got to spend the night with someone special!" I smiled , knowing If I pushed it he'd get annoyed at me. He just rolled his eyes and went to grab the glass he was drinking from.

As he did this I noticed he was wearing cuffs , raising an eyebrow towards him I decided to ask him  about them. "What's with the weird wrist thingys?"

"Nifty gave them to me. Didn't wanna hurt her feelings so I'm wearing them." He shrugged , quickly popping his hands in his trouser pockets.

With a laugh i took a long sip of my drink. Looking around to check there were no other demons around before speaking again.

"Here's to hoping you still feel the same , hector?" I spoke in a quiet tone , insuring only husk heard. Hearing his name his smiled widened and he leaned against the counter closest to me.

"Of course I do , Antony. I assume you do to?" He voice matches my tone , a slight blush appearing on his cheeks.

"Haha , of course~" placing my arm on the counter , I lent my head on my hand. "So.. um.. we still just friends?" I don't know what to say , or how to ask him what we were without pushing too many boundaries.

He sighed gently , looking around before he spoke. "Look , I've never had feelings for a man.. and I wanna do this right , I'm sure you do too , right?"

I nodded in agreement , astonished he'd never had a boyfriend before.
I was the first guy he'd ever had an interest in??
I gently placed my hand on his , rubbing his thumb with mine.

"So um..fuck , I'll be honest I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. I haven't fuckin had to even ask anyone out since I was in my 40s and alive!" He said , clearly overthinking. With a soft laugh I rolled my eyes.

"Look , I gotta go out , but I'll be back later. I'm meeting a friend  - not Going to work." I saw his frown so I wanted to reassure him.

"I'll give you time to think ok? I'll see you later , Hector~" standing up I gave him a quick shy peck on the forehead before walking out the door , waving a hand at him before closing the door behind me.

[Husks Pov]

I waited until Angel left the hotel before slamming my head on the bar counter , growling at myself.

For fuck sake husk, what's wrong with you , it's not hard!

why did talking to angel make me into a blushing stuttering idiot. I wasn't this flustered when I was alive, why was I acting like this now.

I lay there , head in the counter trying to figure out what to say to Angel when he got back, when a hand gently touched my arm, causing  me to look up with a snarl , though I soon stopped when  I saw the princesses smiling face looking back at me.

"Good morning husk! You..uh...you ok?"

I sighed sitting up , shrugging as I grabbed my mocktail glass , taking a sip. She watched disapprovingly.

"Charlie. It's a mocktail. Taste it." I said offering it to her , she gingerly took it and took a sip , once realising there was no alcohol in it she gave me an excited grin , placing the glass down before grabbing my shoulders.

"HUSK ARE YOU-"

"I'm trying it. I'll go back to drinking if you mention it again." I glared , taking another swig.

"Fair enough! Well I was just checking on you , since you seem a bit stressed."

"I'm an alcoholic , but I'm without the alcohol. It's part of withdrawal."

"Ooohhhhhh, my bad!" She said awkwardly , her face cringing at the obvious reason for my annoyance. I gave an eyeroll and just stared at her. She was about to start walking away when I had a sudden idea.

"Hey Charlie. Could I Get a Few hours out of the hotel? I thought I'd ask this time , so Al ain't mad" shivering as I spoke I tried to put on my nicest smile. "I wanted to grab something in the city centre before I forgot."

"Of course! I'll talk Al your Doing a job for me , don't worry!" She winked and smiled. "I'll man the bar and front desk , ok?"

"Thanks princess. Wish you had my soul insteada him" I said with a chuckle , though this seemed to sadden Charlie. "It's a joke , don't sweat it too much. I'll be back in 3 hours max. Thank you again."

With these words I swapped places with Charlie , sliding her the bar keys as I ran to my room , grabbing my wallet and heading back to the foyer.

"Have fun husk!" I heard the princess call as I left the building. Walking towards the town centre I formulated a plan in my mind.

This is insane husk , you just confessed , he's gonna turn you down..

But

I won't know until I try.