Chapter 10

Saturday night had arrived, it was 7:42 PM, and Lena was sat at the dinner table with her family and four guests. She was in an evening dress with half of her hair tied back. Fancy business men of some sort, along with their wives, were meeting with the King over dinner. 

Lena knew she couldn't stay long because of the party. She had to slip out of there at some point if this dinner was gonna go on any longer. 

"...Yes, yes. You see, I had been looking for it that whole time and suddenly I realized-- I HAD NEVER BROUGHT IT BACK FROM OUR TRIP!" One of the middle-aged business laughed fully. 

The Malfeens gave dry laughs for his dry humor. 

"Well, that was quite a humorous story, Mr. Cleveland", the King said. 

Awkward silence fell over the dining room and only the one sound of cutlery scraping against a plate was heard. 

Lena suddenly cleared her throat, "May I be excused from the table, please?" Eyes landed on her. 

"Um, sure darling," her father glanced. 

Lena rose from the table, politely bowed to the guests, and hurried out of the dining room.

She had completed at least one step. Lena exhaled as she strode down the hall to her bedroom to get ready. She took a look around her wardrobe and decided on a casual drinking attire.

 She took a look around her wardrobe and decided on a casual drinking attire

Lena examined her outfit in the mirror and was satisfied. She then sat at her vanity to adjust her makeup to look a bit more casual and not as proper. Lastly, she gathered her things and texted Delphine saying she was ready.

Soon, Delphine's car pulled up to the side of the castle and Lena hopped in. "Heyyyy! Ooh, nice outfit," Delphine greeted.

"Thanks, Delphine but can I ask you a favor? You mind if we stop by a store or something so I can get a present for Maddie?" Lena explained as the car started moving.

"Yeah, of course. Where do you wanna stop?"

"Um, anywhere really. I mean, what does she like?"

"Well, nowadays Maddie really likes skincare products, uh... overalls, and ANY Lego sets. Like, that girl is obsessed with Legos recently," Delphine explained.

The girls stopped at the first store they came across and huddled inside. Lena decided on two skincare products, one big pool party Lego set, and a small boat set to go along with it. She packaged the gifts in the car.

"Lena, she's gonna love your gift!" Delphine said on the way to the bar, "I don't think she has the pool party set, yet."