Chapter 2

A knock came from Lena's bedroom door later that afternoon. She had decided to stay in her room for most of the day to avoid the party preparations and her family. The door opened to reveal Lena's older sister Ella with an excited smile. Suddenly, that smile disappeared, "Alright, show me your party dresses."

Lena looked up at her. "Uh, no thanks."

" 'No thanks?' Lena, I don't have time to play your stupid games! You know you have to come to my party and I refuse to let you show up looking awful. Do you know how embarrassing that would be?", Ella ranted.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready right now or something?", Lena said, "It takes you at least 4 hours to get ready and the party starts in 3."

Ella's expression changed. "Oh my God! I need to get ready--but, first I have to take care of my little sister cause she can barely take care of herself. Bring it in!"

The next second a maid wheeled in a rack with a dress on it. It was an interesting pink shade, with blue accents, and an off-shoulder design. It was not Lena's personal favorite at all.

 It was not Lena's personal favorite at all

"You have to be kidding me...", she mumbled, "Ella, I'm not wearing that."

"What do you mean you're not gonna wear it? Do you know how much Mother and Father spent on this dress? It's my birthday party and I want you to wear it. You should be thankful that I'm even doing something like this for you, Lena", her sister argued.

Lena rolled her eyes because Ella was obviously just trying to make her uncomfortable. She was perfectly capable of picking out her own dress. The one Ella picked is in the style of a child's dress.

"Look, if you're going to my party tonight, you are wearing this whether you like it or not."

"Fine, then just don't expect to see me there."

Ella scoffed, "Really? You think that'll be easy? Wait till Mother and Father hear about this." And she left the room, probably to go snitch.

Sure enough, Ella came back a couple minutes later with their mother behind her. Lena knew where this was going.

"Lena! Ella came and told me that you were refusing to wear the dress we bought you AND you started cussing her out?!", their mother said, her face getting hotter each second.

Lena immediately looked to her sister who was doing a horrible job of keeping her stupid smirk down. "What? I don't want to wear the dress but I never cussed her out, Mother!"

"Really? Then why would she tell me that? Your sister wouldn't lie about that."

"Oh, that's right. Ella wouldn't because she's the golden child who never tells a lie", Lena said sarcastically. "She's always right and the other person is always wrong."

"Lena Danielle Malfeen! Listen, you WILL attend your sister's birthday party tonight and you will come with an appropriate attitude!" The Queen's face had turned red.