41. More shocking revelations.

"Lucky," Mrs. Steele repeated clearly amused, "That coxed up case isn't the only thing, let me tell you about all the good deeds my son did for you, despite the fact that you're going to die. At least you'll have good memories of him."

As Mrs. Steele called me "Lucky," her tone dripped with irony, emphasizing the nickname Khloe had given me because of what she perceived as my luck. But now, in this moment of chilling revelation, I realized that those supposed strokes of luck were anything but fortunate.

If learning about the high-stakes lawsuit wasn't startling enough, she still had more revelations to make. I doubted that I even want to listen to anymore but did I even have a choice?

"Where should we start?" Mrs. Steele's said tapping her chin while looking up in the sealing,"Why not start from the very beginning?" She then turned to me and suggested.

"The first time Liam and you met, you were just small children," Mrs. Steele began, "But Liam immediately wanted to have you as his little toy."

"Seeing that you only had your mother and you were broke," Mrs. Steele continued, "Liam decided to find a way for you to end up going to the same elementary school as him, even if it meant giving up on private school for himself."

"I couldn't understand why my son would quit private tutoring, where he was excelling, to attend school," Mrs. Steele explained, "But then I did some snooping, and I found out that it might have something to do with you, Quinn. Everything about you however I found out too late. Even from a young age he was smart enough to conceal everything he shouldn't be doing from me."

"Anyway, while my son hadn't inherited anything as yet, he still had enough money to do whatever he wanted, so he used it to pull some strings and got phony scholarships for a few people, which included you."

"As your mother was broke, she didn't seem to mind and happily accepted the opportunity for her daughter to have a better life," Mrs. Steele continued.

The shock left me feeling numb, Mrs. Steele's disturbing disclosures kept coming, and I found it difficult to comprehend the web of deceit and manipulation Liam had built around me ever since he was a young boy.

Mrs. Steele's next words only added fuel to the fire, as she revealed Liam's obsessive and controlling behavior towards me. "Liam was always afraid to approach his precious Quinn, so he watched you from afar," she explained, "The school cafeteria was quite expensive, so he paid for your lunches from time to time, ensuring that you were always taken care of, scared off any boy that came near you. Liam was simply contented from afar, knowing that his Quinn was alright, even though he didn't know why it did,"

"Liam hadn't anticipated the amount of boys that were going to like his toy," Mrs. Steele remarked indifferently. "So he had to step up and make everyone know that the toy was his. But he couldn't let anyone see that you were his because he was trying to keep a facade that he was a player while secretly talking to you. This lasted for long which threw me off his trail because why would he ever date the girl he was bullying?"

But I thought it was because I didn't want to be seen together with him and not wanting to disappoint my best friend why he made our very peculiar relationship hidden?

Wait.....did she just explained our university years and why he........

Oh my god!

And the reason he kept Alia around but never claimed her as his girlfriend?! It was all a forefront?!

I felt a surge of anger and resentment bubbling up inside me as Liam tricked me, but I forced myself to listen as she continued.

"His precious Quinn would cry, and then for reasons unknown to him, it somehow affected him," she continued, "He thought he was doing an awful job at taking care of her, so he caved in. Even to this day it still frustrates him."