Moving Forward

A/n: Hey guys, welcome to chapter 3! Honestly I never thought I'd take this story this far, but here we are. As usual don't expect perfection from me. I will make mistakes. Anyways I hope you guys enjoy this update as much as I enjoyed writing it.
—————————————————————————

Skye and Rocky both looked at each other perplexed on the video recording they just watched. There was bits and pieces missing from the recording itself, but Chase should've called 9-11 first. Has his training failed him for the very moment where it was needed? Chase was standing over Ryder with what appeared to be wet substance that could've only been contributed by either him or Ryder himself. What really happened was still a blur, a mystery- did Chase actually commit murder on camera? Both Skye and Rocky looked down and then back at the blank screen although the image stopped the audio didn't and there was a gasp! And a sound of gushing. A yelp heard from the police pup as he finally dialed 9-11 through his pup tag.

"Ruff! Dial 9-11" Chase said as his pup tag dialed, the 9-11 operator answered "Adventure Bay 9-11 how may I assist your call?" A panicked shepherd began to speak. "Yes hello? This is C-Chase from the Paw Patrol, my leader Ryder and I have gotten into a serious car accident and R-Ryders bleeding out please come quick!" The women spoke, and tried to calm down the shepherd. "O-okay Chase ima need you to put pressure on the wound alright?" Chase began to speak again but the audio from the dash cam cut off.

"Wait, you know who'd have more answers for us?" Rocky said as he looked at Skye, she yelps "Marshall" they both say in tandem, they both go to the elevator and wait for it to open up- once open they both race inside and ride the elevator to the top floor where it's just Marshall making a slideshow on the main computer. Marshall sighed and hung his head low as this was taking a toll on him. Rocky and Skye race towards the fire pup and each pup slides to the side next to Marshall who was now in the middle of the three pups. "Yes? May I help you Rocky and Skye?" Marshall asked as he nervously looked at both the pups, he knew they were on a mission. A mission for the truth. "Marshall!" Rocky exclaimed "we saw the accident from the traffic cameras, but also.." Skye blurts out "and the dash camera, inside the truck.."

Marshall looks at both Rocky and Skye and he sighs to himself, he walks out from them and turns around to face them. "I suppose you guys want the truth to Ryders Death.." the Dally said as he looked down at his paws and then back at the two pups. Rocky spoke up "Well we know that Ryder was alive after the accident, we heard his groans but it's unclear did he die from his injuries or did Chase have a paw in the matter?" The eco pup said as he waited for Marshall's reply, there was a stillness in the air between all three pups- Marshall cleared his throat and finally said. "Yes, Chase was involved- t-that b-blood on him wasn't just his, he also had Ryders blood on him as well...but between you guys and me, I'm gonna ask that you guys keep this between us. Please, Chases mental state is in shambles."

Rocky and Skye looked at each other and then back at Marshall who was shivering, clearly Marshall was upset by this news as well. The Dalmatian turned around and began to simply walk away from Rocky and Skye. The eco pup spoke up "we promise Marshall, right Skye?" Rocky said looking at Skye, he was dead serious Skye nods and says "yes I promise as well Marsh" the Dalmatian stopped and muttered something under his breath "h...he c..confessed love f-for m-me" Skye gasped as this was the first she heard of Chase and Marshall being "together" Rocky let out a soft whine as Chase was his first crush, unknown to the rest of the team. "W-wait so you and Chase.." Rocky said, the Dalmatian cut him off. "y-yes me and Chase are t-together, now I'm going to visit Chase- Rocky you're in charge until I return please make sure Mr. Porter and Katie wait for my return."

With that said the dally walked down the stairs not taking the elevator as he just wanted to be alone, his sniffles echo the stairwell as they grew faint. Marshall soon reached downstairs where he barked and his pup house turned into his fire truck. He jumped inside and drove off, down the driveway and across the bridge as he drove into town. His tears trickling down his face as he pulled up to the hospital, he parks and jumps out walking into the urgent care. Marshall walked up to the desk and jumped up getting attention of the nurse behind the desk. "Hi, yes how may we help you Marshall?" The Dalmatian speaks up. "Yes, I'm looking for Chase Shepherd. He should've already checked himself back in.." the nurse types on the computer, and stands up looking at the pup. "Ah- looks like he's in intensive care, did you want to visit him?" She asked as the pup replied. "Yes please!" Marshall exclaimed as the nurse walks back and opens the doors. "Okay follow me." She said as she began to walk through the Emergency Department, winding maze of hallways and turns later and she scans her card which opens the doors for Intensive care. "Alright head up to the desk, Walter will assist you further." She said as she turned around and walked back, Marshall yipped and walked up to the desk and a male nurse named "Walter" stood up and greeted Marshall. "Hi hello Marshall, you here for Chase?" He asked and looked at the sad pup. "Yes sir!" He said as Walter walked through the department and knocks on a door, room number 148. "Chase you have a visitor.." the door opens as Marshall walked in and jumped up into a chair.