The Pain

A/n: I'm gonna be totally honest with you guys, it's been awhile, a long while since I've posted an update to this story- or any story for that instance. Please keep an open mind while I go through and update. Anyways, enough about me. Here we go.
———————————————————————————

There was a steady still, a stillness that kept the Shepherd at bay- some how his love for his best friend corrupted his mind, it turned him into the very killer that he hated. It was natural for those of the law to hate killers, what wasn't natural was this sudden turn. The turn that caused him to lose his mind.

Meanwhile:

As if a trance, the injured shepherd was standing over me- I couldn't get much bearing to my surroundings before I heard his familiar voice. That same voice that kept me smiling, that melted my heart- I knew chase was the one for me. Regardless on any short comings on his end.

"Hey you, marsh? Are you okay- you fainted.." the police pup stammered with a real sincere tone in his voice. His own injuries on pause as he was genuinely worried for his mate.

The fire pup was quick to his feet, he stood up as he noticed some red haze in chases eyes- something was a miss with his best friend, this will cause him to tilt his head. Before carefully treading through the words that he would use to talk to his friend.

"Say, is there something wrong Chase? There's just something a miss.." as Marshall said this there would be a sudden response from Chase, Marshall's suspicions were right- there was something different. This wasn't the same Chase, but a new one this made Marshall quite sad.

"Now wait! I'm still the old me- just a bit better now, I'm no longer that scared pup that was worried about confessing his love to you. I'm now a killer, the very thing I'm supposed to protect everyone against." As Chase would finish with his rambling, he would notice Marshall with his paws over his eyes, this would make him stop and sit down next to Marshall.

Marshall slowly turned to look at Chase, his fear was showing to the injured shepherd- Chase shivered as there was dried blood on his muzzle. The shepherds paws were stained a crimson red from his own blood? Certainly that was the shepherds own blood- right? Chase looked into Marshall's frantic eyes and cleared his throat before coughing- the Dalmatian finally spoke after what seemed like an eternity of the two just staring at each other.

"Y-You killed Ryder didn't you? T-That's why Ryder isn't around anymore, that's why rocky came out of the lookout screaming his head off.. h-how are we supposed to move forward as a team if you killed our leader?!" Clearly his voice was quivering and he was distressed.

The shepherd nodded softly as his blood shot eyes looked down at his paws and then back at the Dalmatian as he smiled softly. The shepherds senses clearly a mess as this situation brought some entertainment to the messed up mind of that pup. He finally speaks directly to the Dalmatian his gaze locked into his mates own gaze.

"Remember, I'm second in command. I'll take over, just remember I've got the team." Said Killer Chase, he grinned and nudged Marshall who was clearly sad, the Dalmatian sniffled a lil as he looked up at chase with a few tears in his eyes.

Chases inner thoughts:
-No you don't, you ain't got what it takes you useless mutt.. you barely had it in you to confess your love, what makes you worthy after you killed your master, your leader and handler, to run his team?

"I..I don't got it.." he muttered out, this gave Marshall a reason to scowl. This didn't seem like the level of confidence his new found leader should have, in fact this gave Marshall reason to doubt. After all this was all still new to the dalmation.