29. Promise

Cowboy like me / Aemond Targaryen / Mitch Rapp out now!

"You wouldnt hate me if I killed them?"

"Davina, darling little sister," viserys choked out a laugh.

"You dont look so good big brother." Davina admitted. "Otto said the maesters were in again."

"I havent felt like myself in a long while." Viserys admitted.

"I have noticed..." davina admitted. "But i didnt want to say anything."

"We are trying a new treatment for ailments. Im hopeful." Viserus remarked. "I spoke to the council about you davina."

"Oh no is this about my thoughts of murder? Because i swear i havent killed anyone in... soo long." Davina assured.

"Oh Dav." Viserys chuckled.

"Well?"

"I dont know Dav about lots of things." Viserys remarked. "Like for starters how you -"

"were under the table giving otto a blow job under the table at that meeting a few moons back. How did you know? I was so quiet!"

"You did what?" Viserys choked out.

"What were you going to say?" Davina countered innocently.

"What did you do under the table?"

"Viserys. Focus." Davina countered "you were saying how amazing I am." She urged.

"Just comparing you and rhaenyra for starters."

"Gross. No."

"Both wild and rebellious. Both fell for the wrong man."

"Otto-"

"Daemon." Viserys corrected.

"Satan." davina clarified.

"But you turned your life around and she has just dug herself deeper."

"Hate to break it to you but when jace was born you should have put your foot down." Davina admitted leaning back. She smiled down at a sleep aemond in her arms.

"I know. I just sort of hoped like with yourself that she would come to me. Talk to me. "

"I didnt tell you. I hide my pregnancy for moons and then Otto showed up and conned me into loving him." Davina tapped her fingers on the couch arm remembering that moment clearly.

"But you did it right."

"I wasnt married."

"You still did it right davina and i dont know if i ever told you how proud i am of the woman you have become. The wonderful mother and aunt you are dav."

"Thanks vis... you could do better with your better and younger children. They need their father." Davina remarked. "Alicent doesnt know what shes doing."

"Look out for them when im gone." Viserys requested

"Where are you going?" Davina teased

"Look out for them. Promise me."

"You are not going anywhere vis."

"Promise me davina."

"Vis-"

"And look out for the realms too. All of them. Look out for them all as if they were family."

"I dont understand." Davina countered and she would not understand until it was toonlate for him to spell it out for her.

"Promise me davina." His gaze shifting to Aegon running in with a bag of crumbled cookies. "Hello son."

"Hi." Aegon answered shortly before hugging davina. "Hi Daaaavvvv," he added.

"Hi baby boy. Careful of your brother." She stroked a hand over aemonds little head in her lap. Curled up like a cat in her lap. Baelon stared back at them shaking his head before poking aemond awake.

"My mama!" Baelon demanded nudging him over and cuddling possessivly into davinas arms.

"What do you Aegon?"

"I got-" aegon began.

"We!" Baelon corrected.

"We got cookies." Aegon agreed.

"Have a cookie Vis. It will make you feel better." Davina suggested. Viserys nodded reaching for aegons cookie offered. Viserys stared back at davina, cookie in hand. He blinked back at her patiently. "I promise." Davina said her voice barely above a whisper. "All of them. I promise."

"You are back late." Otto remarked putting his book down. Baelon was drooling into davinas shoulder when they got home. "I made supper but ate an hour ago. Im sorry i should have waited."

"Filled up on cookies and wine." Davina countered kissing his cheek. "Let me put Bae to bed. Tired him out today." Otto nodded snuffing out the candles and moving to the bed chambers. Davina changed quickly and crawled into bed.

"Fury was playing with baelons egg. Looking out for it. I think he wants a little friend," davina remarked. Otto chuckled as she snuggled into his side wrapping her arm around his middle.

"You want a baby dragon." Otto corrected

"Of course i do. Who doesnt want a baby dragon?" Davina agreed. "Otto..."

"Hmm?" He closed his eyes as her head settled on his chest

"What can you tell me about viserys new treatment?"

"I dont know much." Otto admitted. "But the maesters are hopeful."

"And they havent been before?"

"They want their king to live now more than ever." Otto assured. "They will do everything they can to help your brother as they have been since he got sick."

"We had a weird talk." Davina admitted. "I made him a promise... but i dont know what i promised."

"What do you mean?"' Otto questioned.

"Thats the thing. I dont know. I mean i know half of it. Look out for the children. Aegon, Helaena and Aemond. But then he wanted me to look out for the realms too."

"Its like he named you his heir." Otto pondered.

"Bitch on dragonstone is heir."

"And yet..."

"I dont want to talk about it." Davina grumbled blowing out the final candle. "Viserys is going to live forever so it doesnt matter what i promised

When viserys died, Davina weapt. She cried big ugly tears.

"Why couldnt it have been Daemon?" Davina sobbed out. Otto held her close as she begged it not to be so. The treatment didnt work. It killed him instead. Why couldnt daemon have gotten sick and died a horrible death! Why did it have to be Viserys?

Rhaenyra deserved to know but they couldnt wait any longer for her to show up for once in her life when they needed her. So they burned viserys body and everyone offered davina their condolences. Not alicent. She felt free. But davina felt a heavy burden suddenly placed upon her and she knew what all those promises truly meant.