13. Flu

''We thank you for coming, uncle.'' Alicent remarked as Hobert Hightower came up to them

''I worried that given leave of your father's shadow, you might wither in King's Landing's sun. But you stood tall. Know that Old town stands with you.''

"Dance with me." Harwin requested holding out his hand. Davina nodded and let him spin her around.

"Savina didnt touch her carrot cake." Viserys realized. Alicent glanced to davinas plate.

''Has anybody ever told you you're nearly as pretty as your brother?'' Daemon said as he danced around Laena

''Well, you flatter me, my Prince.'' Laena told him ''I was sorry to hear about your lady wife.''

''Don't be, I wasn't. My lady was never very kind to me.'' Daemon informed her.

''She inhales carrot cake. She threw up the other day too." Viserys remarked. "Has she said anything to you?"

"No." Alicent answered. "She was in with aegon this morning and she seemed perfectly fine. He was snuggled up into her chest. She was singing him some silly dragon song," viserys smiled to himself.

'A Targaryen prince, a dashing knight, and a dragon rider. You appear to be every young maiden's dream.'' Laena remarked to daemon

''That's only because you don't know me yet.'' Daemon countered

''Perhaps that is something we might remedy, my Prince.'' Laena offered moving around him her hand trailing down his chest.

"Davina don't fall into old patterns." Viserys begged.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you and Daemon." Viserys whispered.

"I was dancing with Harwin." Davina corrected. "I can see how you coildnt tell them apart. I mean harwin is tall muscled like a warrior thick dark sexy hair. Daemon is a ferret."

Viserys chuckled. He had to keep checking. He didnt want to lose her.

"Im good Vis."  Davina assured.

''May I, Ser Harwin?'' Daemon said stepping into his place on the dance floor. Harwin grabbed Davina's hand pulling her with him again.

''Of course, my Prince.'' Harwin remarked stepping away immediately. 

"See?" Davina questioned. Damon moved through the crowd getting to Rhaenyra and leading her away from the center, his gaze shifted back to Davina and Harwin.

''Is this what you want?'' Daemon asked

''I was not aware that what I wanted matter to you.' Rhaenyra countered

'This is not for you.'' he told her ''he is a good man in a fine night he will bore you senseless.''

''Marriage is only a political arrangement I hear.'' Rhaenyra reminded him.

''Mine was recently dissolved.'' Daemon reminded her.

''so take me and then has this not been your purpose?'' She countered ''I am not yet married but the hours past swiftly you are surely unarmed cut through my fathers kings guard take me to Dragon stone and make me your wife.'' he stared down at her.

"Are you going to run away with him?" Harwin asked leading Davina back, he kept a hand on her stomach keeping her against a column.

"Who?" Davina asked innocently.

"Your brother is back, his wife is dead. Are you going to run away with him?" Harwin demanded.

"I didn't know I needed to answer to you, knight." Davina spat and Harwin rolled his eyes. "You know this thing between us... it could never be anything." She had to keep telling the men she fucked she didnt want a relationship maybe she did bewitch them.

"Why not?" Harwin countered. "We have fun together, I'm not a commoner, if you wanted me, really wanted me the king would have no quarrels." Harwin said with the utmost confidence.

"I don't." Davina said pathetically. "Harwin Im not good at relationships. I dont want a relationship. We had fun. I liked us having fun. But i dont want more."

"I don't believe you.'' Harwin whispered his lips grazing hers when screams rang out.

A riot broke out and the princess was nowhere in sight as circle dueled against Ser Joffrey suddenly everyone was fighting, scrambling to get away. Ser Joffrey felt lightheaded blood trickled from his nose as Criston beat joffrey to a pulp. Rhaenyra was carried away from the madness and all went quiet as Cole got up marching away. Laenor looked at his lover dead on the floor he crawled over to him his head bashed in blood seeping around him he cried out. Davinas head was spinning when she felt hands on her waist. Harwin pulled her aside. He was a good guy. A great guy. But she wasnt stable enough to truly give her heart to anyone. Not all of her at least.

+

"The love of the Seven is holy and eternal. The source of life and love. We stand here tonight in thanks and praise to join two souls as one." The high septon began. ''Father... Mother... Warrior... Smith... Maiden... Crone... Stranger. Hear now their vows.'' Rhaenyra stared across at a weepy Laenor, for he had just lost the true love of his life. Davina offered he a soft smile, she had begged her to reconsider this madness previously but now it really was too late.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Laenor said sadly.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Rhaenyra whispered back and kissed the corner of his lips. Davina ran a gentle hand down viserys back as rhaenyra spoke. Daemon had already fled. Big surprise there.

''Here, in the presence of gods and men, I proclaim... Laenor of House Velaryon... Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, to be man and wife. One flesh... one heart... one soul... now and forever.'' The high septon declared as Viserys collapsed to the ground before them.

"Viserys!" Davina declared dropping before him. They carried viserys off but davina stayed on the ground head in her hands. She was so dizzy. Alicent sat beside her offering her some water and cake.

"I dont think you ate all day." Alicent remarked. Knowing davina had helped her get ready for hour before the wedding.

"I havent been able to hold anything down." Davina admitted. "The flu."

"Are you sure?" Alicent questioned as davina took a sip of water.

"What else would it be?"

"I heard a tea was delivered to rhaenyras chambers after daemon came to the capital... did you and he-"

"No." Davina assured. Alicent nodded.

"Sorry. I dont mean to pry. I just want to help."

"Its the flu." It had to be. Davina wasnt ready to be a mother.